    just idling. I have no idea what is causing this. The only
    thing I have done thus far is to relaod windows and
    this did not help. HELP! TIA. John

    John Vernon, Dec 25, 2003

  2. John Vernon

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 17:33:09 GMT, John Vernon wrote:

    >I am runnning W98SE and have begun getting
    >the subject error out of the blue and sometimes while
    >just idling. I have no idea what is causing this. The only

    Nothing in particular open / running at the time?

    >thing I have done thus far is to relaod windows and
    >this did not help. HELP! TIA. John

    Initial thoughts,
    1.
    Something nasty, (worm/virus) trying to run but you don't have WScript
    installed. This is normally a good thing not to have WScript installed.
    Although nowdays you never know when it's likely to be in a MS update /
    patch.

    Try a Trojan / Spyware scanner. Look through the past posts in 24HSHD
    for lists of such apps.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?group=24hoursupport.helpdesk

    2.
    Some innocent program but you don't have WScript installed.

    3.
    You had the new (some) version of Wscript installed, reinstalling
    Windows (installing some program) knocked back a DLL to old version.

    MS Scripting site
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/default.asp?contentid=28001169
    to d/l the new version and install.

    Me