WS_FTP

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by #, Oct 29, 2004.

  1. #

    # Guest

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:49:31 -0700, Peter Skinner wrote:

    > Ive got a website and use WS_FTP too look after it. Are there any other FTP
    > app I should be looking at?

    FileZilla (2.2.9)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/

    #, Oct 29, 2004

  2. #

    gj Guest

    # wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:49:31 -0700, Peter Skinner wrote:
    >

    >>Ive got a website and use WS_FTP too look after it. Are there any other FTP
    >>app I should be looking at?

    > FileZilla (2.2.9)
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/

    Filezilla is great except it will not do recursive chmod. The last time
    I looked at the FAQ it was not on their radar.

    GJ

    gj, Oct 29, 2004

  3. #

    RT Guest

    "James Anderson" <> wrote in message
    > Whats a chmod?

    change of file permissions

    RT, Oct 29, 2004
  4. #

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:49:31 -0700, Peter Skinner wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Ive got a website and use WS_FTP too look after it. Are there any other FTP
    > app I should be looking at?

    Why, what is/do you have a problem?

    WS_FTP was around and grown up when Netscape was born. It is a classic.

    Gordon, Oct 30, 2004
  5. #

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:16:50 -0700, James Anderson wrote:

    > Whats a chmod?

    Penguin talk. ;-)

    Gordon, Oct 30, 2004
  6. Hi

    Peter Skinner, Oct 30, 2004
  7. Very Interesting the funny thing I was in that site when I got your post..

    Peter Skinner, Oct 30, 2004
  8. Whats a chmod?

    James Anderson, Oct 30, 2004
  9. Im happy with WS_FTP. I just want to be able to delete Folders with our
    having to delete what in them on the server and stuff..

    James Anderson, Oct 31, 2004