    WS-X4008=, but i could not find what is the wattage for it, as far as i
    know they come in 400W, and 650W, so how do i specify when i order?
    Thanks.
    Andy, Sep 2, 2006

  2. Andy

    Guest

    Andy wrote:
    > Hi guys, the Catalyst 4000 AC Power Supply (Spare) product name is
    > WS-X4008=, but i could not find what is the wattage for it, as far as i
    > know they come in 400W, and 650W, so how do i specify when i order?
    > Thanks

    WS-X4008 is a part number and specifies exactly one thing.

    WS-X4008-DC-650W looks like a part number for a DC-input 650W
    version.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/prod_bulletin0900aecd802c1ef9.html
    WS-X4008= 400W AC power supply for Catalyst 4000 Series chassis

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a00803671b3.html
    The Catalyst 4006 chassis supports only the 400 W AC,
    400 W DC, and 650 W DC power supplies

    Looks like the 650 W one is only available with DC input.

    Hope that helps, is a bit confusing.
    , Sep 2, 2006

  3. Hi Andy,

    Getting "real technical" the P/N printed on the "physical label" of the
    WS-X4008, 400W AC Power Supply itself is actually:

    34-0873-01

    Furthermore, it also has the Sony Part Number APS-111

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products..._guide_chapter09186a008007ebc1.html#wp1017715

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power-supply-inventory.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair
    www.BradReese.Com, Sep 2, 2006
  4. Andy

    Guest

    www.BradReese.Com wrote:
    > Hi Andy,
    >
    > Getting "real technical" the P/N printed on the "physical label" of the
    > WS-X4008, 400W AC Power Supply itself is actually:
    >
    > 34-0873-01

    What would this number be used for?

    To order a ws-x4008 you ask for "ws-x4008".
    Cisco refer to it as the "Product Number".

    As I expect you all know "=" means ordered as a spare which results
    in everyone knowing that the ordered components are not to be assembled
    todether and so do not need to be 'compatible' with each other.
    At least that is what I have used it for.
    , Sep 2, 2006
  5. www.BradReese.Com, Sep 2, 2006