ws domain web site - scam?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Peter Harrison, Mar 26, 2005.

  1. Today I got a call from a guy trying to sell me "ws" domains. I think its a
    classic pyramid scheme. His email address is and his
    phone number is 09-411-8350. The below text is cut and paste from his email
    to me, and I have deleted my identification details. Note the threat at the
    bottom regarding registration of the domain if I don't buy it. If you want
    to know his address just look it up in the white pages.

    Hi XXXX ROB FIELD Can I buy your Business NAME .ws
    (Rob Field, CC: BPO good.News, businessplus, Sat Mar 26 21:00:25 2005)
    --- IB MailSpace Ad http://instantbuzz.com/30fc9f5c_5t ----

    Data Entry Workers Needed
    http://instantbuzz.com/30fc9f5c

    ------------- MailSpace TM and Patent Pending --------------

    The above / bottom ADDS are NOT mine .>>>> -------------------

    Permission Given E mail , Reply to GDI ROB FIELD BPOS
    ------

    Hi XXXX, Thanks for the moment on the phone just now
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
    I spoke about the new Web site GDI opportunity.
    Basically .. go to this link.

    www.movie.ws/robobuilder3/XXXXXXXXXXXX

    1 This is a Inc 500 company, the 37th fastest growing in the USA
    2 Give everyone who comes into your office a free ride in a Virtual Ferrari
    to capture their email .... A great lead .... Have some Fun.

    3 The hardest thing , as a kiwi , you will find ,is to accept this is all
    for real.
    beleive me. It is.

    Kiwis, are a suspicious bunch, we find the Internet a bit pushy, and bold.

    I think it is because most people, have had a past bad experience, their
    head thinking, is still in in the older 80,s style network marketing.

    In the computer world, especially the Net Marketing world,

    Things have CHANGED .. even in the last 6 months.

    IE Real time , live feedback , talking cartoon, Avatars,
    speaking your name and presentations ETC.

    It never ceases to amaze me , some key business people
    do not think , or believe people are making money in this industry.

    But Then , it was only about two months ago,
    I also had a top business man
    tell me "a computer is nothing more than a play toy for kids "...wow.
    Which , rock has he been hiding under.

    Myself ,I am in " live " contact many times a week, with bunches of
    excited people
    all around the globe. It sure is making people big dollars.

    Keep in mined , If you are Marketing, Peter on the Net your product must
    appeal to the 600 million net community , not the few Kiwi.
    Which at the best , to your Product target audience, at any point in time
    is not going to be more than 100,000 Prospects. ok 200, 000

    GDI ....... better to work in a prospect pool of 600 Million.

    This will take your new business, outside of Your existing local markets.
    is simple to setup and operate for someone like you.
    This will give your existing business another cashflow.

    4 Make sure you check out the other TABS
    and the main corporate web page.
    www.movie.ws/robobuilder3

    5 Cost .. lets get this out of the way ... nothing .
    If you act on this for 7 days fr--e . then $10 / month

    4 Every computer, .... at your place, Business or Home ,
    because it is unique , (has its, own IP address.)
    Should be a business Profit center

    For just $10 should be / could be , a NEW profit center, and generating
    at least
    $500 -- $1000 per month. at the least , by Christmas .

    Hope this helps
    Feel free to act , taking action ,direct on the website.

    Its also a great Investment .. Currently a bit like Personal Plates
    But on a grander scale .. the Value of good names , are going to become
    valuable, by natural business global growth .

    Let me explain .

    NOW , here is your current situation.

    If you do not want .. XXXXXXXXXXXXX.ws currently available for
    $10 ..... No problem I will buy it myself Next week ( after the 15th April
    ) to have
    another GDI global website . on the net . outside of NZ .

    Because it is in my downline it will naturally be creating a growth income.

    When it has $300 per month as a passive monthly income , say 3 months
    I will come back to you and offer this website to you for $1000.
    From this point on in 3 months I will want $5000 , because the
    website is into exponential growth mode.

    The business is in place and worth every penny of this.

    Summery .. Peter I have something that is so valuable
    to you right now , but you did not know it, ..... now you do.

    And I am going to GIVE it to you for $10 ..
    or probably for nothing ,

    I f you get 10 new customers, within the 7 days fr***e trial.
    within your business. Commisions will cover costs.

    " How is that for a double whammy ..w in win." All around.
    Good for You Good for me .
    Food for thought. XXXXXXXX
    Thanks
    Rob

    in the subject line " .subscribe me." and your details and interest .
    " BPOS robobuilder Good News& Wisdom Pears Update."

    If This is an error and you wish to REMOVE YOUSELF from Further mailings
    and MY on going support. Email me putting ..REMOVE ME .. in the subject
    line.
    Spam free RECOGNITION CODES , 1 past contact , 2 info sent , 3 prospect.-
    THE LEGAL STUFF .. REQUIRERMENETS TO CLARIFY UNDERSTANDING ...
    DISCLAIMERS

    1 All Income Business Opportunities, are like any business, on or off line.
    They are opportunities, there is no guarantee that you will make a profit.
    Your success is a result of your commitment and personal effort.
    The result is INCOME generated from the sales of products and services, to
    people and customers who use them. Some of these sales are used, products
    from within the network group.
    You are not paid for joining, to just see if it works .
    You will in effect be Building , and Growing , your OWN personal marketing
    business.

    2 Like any technical business information, this is NOT intended, and
    therefor not suitable for children under the age of 14 .
    3 You will be given all the support to help you, but at the end of the day
    your business is exactly that ,Yours .
    No one else , is responsible or accountable for your success.
    Quick Info Site to give to others: www.movie.ws/robobuilder3
    "How many ,no cost Movie tickets could you get out a day Peter .?"
    If you want to know more about me I have put my profile on the Search Estate
    Web site.
    clich here http://www.searchestate.com/uws/mn2274550.htm
    -PS Sorry for the graphics IF they are below, from IncrediMail mail
    have to have their adds .. right now ..
    -------
    . Happy days Feel free to e mail about anything
    Please After you have read the material. .... then lets brainstorm

    Rob Field ( Internet user name --- robobuilder )
    e mail
    Phone New Zealand 649 4119646 GMT +12
    BPOS Old North Road R2 Waimauku
    Auckland
    New Zealand
    Business Plus Online Services ( BPOS ) or ( B POS ) or ( bpos )
    March 26Th 05 1800. 6 .00 PM NZ

    Peter Harrison, Mar 26, 2005

  2. Peter Harrison

    Richard Guest

    Peter Harrison wrote:
    > Today I got a call from a guy trying to sell me "ws" domains. I think its a
    > classic pyramid scheme. His email address is and his
    > phone number is 09-411-8350. The below text is cut and paste from his email
    > to me, and I have deleted my identification details. Note the threat at the
    > bottom regarding registration of the domain if I don't buy it. If you want
    > to know his address just look it up in the white pages.

    (crap snipped)

    I have seen more sense in postings from Mr Lotto man.

    Im sorry I didnt read the whole thing, its like trying to decode an email full
    of txtspeak. too much work to be bothered reading.

    Richard, Mar 26, 2005

  3. Peter Harrison

    Peter Lowrie Guest

    Peter Harrison wrote:
    > Kiwis, are a suspicious bunch, we find the Internet a bit pushy, and

    bold.

    That's a good thing, Kiwi's are also unimpressionable - that is; hard to
    impress. But once you have 'em in your grasp, once you have impressed them
    they are trusting, warm and personable. We're so far from the rest of the
    world I think we feel that others in the world are so much more
    sophisticated that we watch our butts. This is not an arrogance thing, it
    is self preservation.

    --
    Regards,
    Peter.

    Peter Lowrie, Mar 26, 2005
  4. In <Fea1e.12899$> Peter Harrison wrote:

    <snip most of pyramid scheme he was sent>

    The following bit is common to most of the 'secret fund' schemes, and
    the bit I find most hilarious.

    > When it has $300 per month as a passive monthly
    > income , say 3 months I will come back to you and offer this website
    > to you for $1000. From this point on in 3 months I will want $5000 ,
    > because the website is into exponential growth mode. The business
    > is in place and worth every penny of this.

    Talk about killing the goose that's laying the golden eggs! Who in their
    right mind would sell for $1000 something that's bringing in $300 per
    month with no effort?

    'Oh, hey, like we've found this scheme where you can get 50% return on
    your investment in just one month, right? But, like, woah, we can't find
    enough people to invest in it so, like, we're sending out this email to
    random people. Oh yeah, like, don't tell anyone about it though, 'cause
    it's like this big conspiracy, you know?'

    Dude! Quit smoking that.

    http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Mar 27, 2005