WS-C2950T-24 catalyst vlan problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by netguy2000, Aug 29, 2008.

  1. netguy2000

    netguy2000

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Hi all Gurus,
    please help me to solve this issue.
    I have a Catalyst WS-C2950T-24 switch (24 10/100 ports + 2 Giga Ports)

    I want to configure port 2 as a trunk and port 3 to 9 as a access ports with VLAN 10.
    I use these commands to do above.

    #conf term
    #vlan 10
    #name LocalVlan10
    #exit

    #inter fast 0/2
    #switchport mode trunk
    #switchport trunk allowed vlan 1
    #switchport trunk allowed vlan add 10
    #exit

    #inter fast 0/3
    #switchport mode access
    #switchport access vlan 10
    #end

    now the problem is: My pc attached with port 0/3 of catalyst and trunk port 0/2 is connected with my network. my PC is unable to access network of trunk port.

    I dont know what to do now, Please help me.

    Net.

    netguy2000, Aug 29, 2008

  2. netguy2000

    fatman

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    What is on the otherside of that trunk?

    Is this a router on a stick? I don't think the 2950 will route between different subnets/vlans otherwise.

    fatman, Aug 31, 2008