WRT54GP2A-AT Dropped Speed In Half

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by satellite_chris, Mar 23, 2005.

  1. I just upgraded to the WRT54GP2A-AT and haven't even activated VOIP
    through ATT CallVantage and the connection speed dropped from 2.9Mbps
    to 1.5Mbps or less. This is using the speed test provided by my
    broadband provider. I tried it before swapping out the routers, after
    swapping, and then swapped back to see if the speed went back up. When
    switching back to the old configuration, the speed jumped back up
    again. I am testing via a wired connection.

    The old configuration:
    Linksys WAP11 - 802.11b Access Point
    Linksys BEFSR41 - Router
    Linksys BEFCMU10 - Cable Modem

    The new configuration:
    Linksys BEFCMU10 - Cable Modem
    Linksys WRT54GP2A-AT - Router with Wireless and VOIP

    Note that I have not started the VOIP yet....

    If anyone can help please offer suggestions.

    Thanks!

    Chris

    satellite_chris, Mar 23, 2005

  2. satellite_chris

    Guest

    I have the same router, wrt54gp2a-at, and am on my second brand
    new one. Linksys could not determine why the thing was locking every
    24 hours. My 2nd one appears to be buggy as well. Frequent (every 30
    minutes or so) off-line then on-line messages are shown on my LAN
    connection icon in the system tray. I am also not able to get my port
    forwarding (ftp) to work properly either and my old router, a WRT54G,
    worked perfectly.
    When I asked Linksys for a firmware update, they directed me to
    AT&T. I have yet to locate it on ATTs site. Will probably need to
    call them and burn 2 hours on hold.
    Also, if you send me a link to a good speed program, I will run
    that if you like. I have seen speeds around 2.5 to 3 mb with my cable
    connection previously.
    satellite_chris wrote:
    > I just upgraded to the WRT54GP2A-AT and haven't even activated VOIP
    > through ATT CallVantage and the connection speed dropped from 2.9Mbps
    > to 1.5Mbps or less. This is using the speed test provided by my
    > broadband provider. I tried it before swapping out the routers, after
    > swapping, and then swapped back to see if the speed went back up.

    When
    > switching back to the old configuration, the speed jumped back up
    > again. I am testing via a wired connection.
    >
    > The old configuration:
    > Linksys WAP11 - 802.11b Access Point
    > Linksys BEFSR41 - Router
    > Linksys BEFCMU10 - Cable Modem
    >
    > The new configuration:
    > Linksys BEFCMU10 - Cable Modem
    > Linksys WRT54GP2A-AT - Router with Wireless and VOIP
    >
    > Note that I have not started the VOIP yet....
    >
    > If anyone can help please offer suggestions.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Chris

    , Apr 20, 2005