    Have been through all the sipgate pages, but can't get the settings right.
    Getting annoyed??

    Any ideas?

    PhilÅ, Dec 11, 2005

  2. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    news:0h_mf.25625$...
    >I can not get the bloody thing setup.
    >
    > Have been through all the sipgate pages, but can't get the settings right.
    > Getting annoyed??
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Have it working, can dial out, but can not hear anything..

    PhilÅ, Dec 11, 2005

  3. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message

    > "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    >>I can not get the bloody thing setup.
    >>
    >> Have been through all the sipgate pages, but can't get the settings
    >> right.
    >> Getting annoyed??
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>

    > Have it working, can dial out, but can not hear anything..

    Ok, now setup, I like the WRT54GP2, sound quality is good and it works great
    with my dect phones.

    Have set it up with two sipgate accounts..

    Will probably apply a £10 credit with them, but will look at others, looking
    for cheap weekend or weeknight if possible??? Not many calls PCM, carry over
    important.

    Also rings with an ammerican style, can't find out how to change it with the
    WRT54GP2 , any ideas??

    PhilÅ, Dec 12, 2005
  4. PhilÅ

    paul123 Guest

    PhilÅ wrote:

    > Will probably apply a £10 credit with them, but will look at others, looking
    > for cheap weekend or weeknight if possible??? Not many calls PCM, carry over
    > important.

    try sipdiscount.com, voip.co.uk or voiptalk.org - all three have pay as
    you go options. For straight calling sipdiscount is great, but if you
    want a bit more (like voicemail, incoming numbers etc) try the others.

    paul123, Dec 12, 2005
  5. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    "paul123" <> wrote in message

    PhilÅ wrote:

    > Will probably apply a £10 credit with them, but will look at others,
    > looking
    > for cheap weekend or weeknight if possible??? Not many calls PCM, carry
    > over
    > important.

    try sipdiscount.com, voip.co.uk or voiptalk.org - all three have pay as
    you go options. For straight calling sipdiscount is great, but if you
    want a bit more (like voicemail, incoming numbers etc) try the others.

    Hi

    I have just registered and tried sipdiscount.

    I can not find the charges on the website???

    I have had a couple of free one minute calls but find it annoying that I
    have to enter 0044

    If I was to credit the account, how much do calls cost??

    PhilÅ, Dec 12, 2005
  6. PhilÅ

    Jono Guest

    "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message

    > "paul123" <> wrote in message
    >
    > PhilÅ wrote:
    >

    >> Will probably apply a £10 credit with them, but will look at others,
    >> looking
    >> for cheap weekend or weeknight if possible??? Not many calls PCM, carry
    >> over
    >> important.

    > try sipdiscount.com, voip.co.uk or voiptalk.org - all three have pay as
    > you go options. For straight calling sipdiscount is great, but if you
    > want a bit more (like voicemail, incoming numbers etc) try the others.
    >
    > Hi
    >
    > I have just registered and tried sipdiscount.
    >
    > I can not find the charges on the website???
    >
    > I have had a couple of free one minute calls but find it annoying that I
    > have to enter 0044
    >
    > If I was to credit the account, how much do calls cost??

    The rates are not hidden. http://www.sipdiscount.com/en/rates.html

    UK calls are, at the moment, free of charge, as are a number of
    international destinations.

    The free calls destinations could change, without notice.

    Can you not programme the WRT54GP2 to add 0044 to the dialled numbers (or
    more precisely strip the first zero, then add 0044 to 11 digit UK numbers,
    and add 00441274 to 6 digit dialled numbers, assuming you live in Bradford)?

    Jono, Dec 12, 2005
  7. PhilÅ

    DMac Guest

    > Also rings with an ammerican style, can't find out how to change it with
    > the
    > WRT54GP2 , any ideas??

    There is a hidden page full of things to tweak: login to your router as
    normal then navigate to
    http://insert your router's ip address here/Voice_adminPage.htm

    You can certainly set the caller id protocol to ETSI FSK With PR(UK)
    There are ring settings but I cannot confirm if they work as I have an phone
    which generates its own ring sounds

    But beware there are a lot of things you can screw up if you are not
    careful!

    Hope that helps

    PS Compared to my last voip box this is an absolute doddle to set up!

    DMac, Dec 12, 2005
  8. Thus spaketh Jono:
    > "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "paul123" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> PhilÅ wrote:
    >>

    >>> Will probably apply a £10 credit with them, but will look at others,
    >>> looking
    >>> for cheap weekend or weeknight if possible??? Not many calls PCM,
    >>> carry over
    >>> important.

    >> try sipdiscount.com, voip.co.uk or voiptalk.org - all three have pay
    >> as you go options. For straight calling sipdiscount is great, but if
    >> you want a bit more (like voicemail, incoming numbers etc) try the
    >> others. Hi
    >>
    >> I have just registered and tried sipdiscount.
    >>
    >> I can not find the charges on the website???
    >>
    >> I have had a couple of free one minute calls but find it annoying
    >> that I have to enter 0044
    >>
    >> If I was to credit the account, how much do calls cost??
    >>

    > The rates are not hidden. http://www.sipdiscount.com/en/rates.html
    >
    > UK calls are, at the moment, free of charge, as are a number of
    > international destinations.
    >
    > The free calls destinations could change, without notice.
    >
    > Can you not programme the WRT54GP2 to add 0044 to the dialled numbers
    > (or more precisely strip the first zero, then add 0044 to 11 digit UK
    > numbers, and add 00441274 to 6 digit dialled numbers, assuming you
    > live in Bradford)?

    Voice_adminPage.htm allows access to the Ring Cadence: which is under
    Regional, set Ring 1 to: 30(.4/.2,.4/2)

    The dial plan works the same as my PAP2, I use:
    (<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<999:00441216874070>|<:0044121>[2-8]xxxxxx|<##:00>xx.)

    You will need to alter the area codes from 0044121 to your local area code,
    and depending on the number of digits in your local number adjust accordingly,
    Birmingham uses a 7 digital local number, hence the 6 x's after 1st allowed
    digit of 2 through 8. ## for international calls instead of 00.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 13, 2005
  9. PhilÅ

    alexd Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Can you not programme the WRT54GP2 to add 0044 to the dialled numbers (or
    > more precisely strip the first zero, then add 0044 to 11 digit UK numbers,
    > and add 00441274 to 6 digit dialled numbers, assuming you live in
    > Bradford)?

    You can probably install Asterisk on a WRT54 ;-)

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    20:34:41 up 6 days, 7:09, 1 user, load average: 0.04, 0.09, 0.08

    alexd, Dec 14, 2005
  10. PhilÅ

    Jono Guest

    alexd wrote:
    || Jono wrote:
    ||| Can you not programme the WRT54GP2 to add 0044 to the dialled numbers
    ||| (or more precisely strip the first zero, then add 0044 to 11 digit UK
    ||| numbers, and add 00441274 to 6 digit dialled numbers, assuming you
    ||| live in Bradford)?
    || You can probably install Asterisk on a WRT54 ;-)
    || --
    || <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    || 20:34:41 up 6 days, 7:09, 1 user, load average: 0.04, 0.09, 0.08
    || This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

    Yeah?

    That would be useful.

    Jono, Dec 14, 2005
  11. PhilÅ

    alexd Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > alexd wrote:

    > || You can probably install Asterisk on a WRT54 ;-)

    *ahem* I was actually joking, but it turns out it's true...

    > That would be useful.

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk Linksys WRT54G
    http://lestblood.imagodirt.net/archives/106-Asterisk-on-OpenWRT-part-1.html

    Doubt it'll be able to handle large volumes of calls, but if you're in
    control of the codecs [ie you're not expecting it to transcode] at both
    ends you should be OK. If you've got a linux PC on your network, you can
    get it to act as a syslog server, and possibly export a filesystem to keep
    voicemail files on. Just imagine if every home had a WRT54 router running
    *. No one would ever need to pay for phone calls again!

    <speculation type="Wild">
    Of course, as domestic net connections get faster, small, cheap,
    no-moving-parts routers with more CPU power are going to start to appear on
    the market. And they will run linux, and they will make an ideal PBX for
    domestic use. Not far off now, I'll wager.
    </speculation>

    alexd
    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:41:11 up 6 days, 8:16, 1 user, load average: 0.59, 0.34, 0.25

    alexd, Dec 14, 2005
  12. PhilÅ

    Mark Adamson Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message
    > Jono wrote:

    > <speculation type="Wild">
    > Of course, as domestic net connections get faster, small, cheap,
    > no-moving-parts routers with more CPU power are going to start to appear
    > on
    > the market. And they will run linux, and they will make an ideal PBX for
    > domestic use. Not far off now, I'll wager.
    > </speculation>
    >
    > alexd
    > --

    Not so crazy. Check out Astlinux, which is Asterisk running off a compact
    flash card.

    One of the main uses of this is on solid state Soekris units, which use a
    fanless AMD Geode processor, and seem to be only a little larger than a
    WRT54. At present they are about £200, which is a bit much, but they would
    no doubt come down in price if they became popular.

    I have tried Astlinux on a cheap PC, and it works well. I am vaguely
    considering getting a Soekris box.

    http://www.astlinux.com

    Mark

    Mark Adamson, Dec 14, 2005