WRT54G model Linksys using PCAnywhere 10

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bun Mui, Mar 20, 2005.

  1. Bun Mui

    Bun Mui Guest

    I have Windows XP Compaq Presario Tower.

    I tried this with D-link 604 router and PCAnywhere 10-

    http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1004

    and it works.

    But when I try this model WRT54G model Linksys using this
    link it don't work. I did everything it told me to do.

    http://www.linksys.com/support/support.asp?spid=96

    I would like to do the same as D-link 604 router.
    Since that method works.

    Right now I can't even use my pcanywhere 10 with the Linksys router.
    Could someone please help me how to make it work.

    Why are the 2 routers differ so much when configuring?

    Thanks.

    Zhong
    Bun Mui, Mar 20, 2005

  2. Bun Mui

    pcbutts1 Guest

    It does work you must be doing something wrong.

    pcbutts1, Mar 20, 2005

  3. Bun Mui

    why? Guest

    On 20 Mar 2005 07:23:24 -0800, Bun Mui wrote:

    <snipped multiple blank lines in post>
    >I have Windows XP Compaq Presario Tower.
    >I tried this with D-link 604 router and PCAnywhere 10-
    >http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1004
    >and it works.
    >
    >But when I try this model WRT54G model Linksys using this
    >link it don't work. I did everything it told me to do.
    >http://www.linksys.com/support/support.asp?spid=96
    >I would like to do the same as D-link 604 router.
    >Since that method works.
    >
    >Right now I can't even use my pcanywhere 10 with the Linksys router.
    >Could someone please help me how to make it work.
    >
    >Why are the 2 routers differ so much when configuring?

    It's really so much different? Even if the menus / look is different the
    basics are the same for port fowarding.

    See if the WRT54G is mentioned here
    http://www.portforward.com/

    It is and there seems to be multiple versions

    # WRT54G
    # WRT54G v1.1, v2 & CA
    # WRT54G v2.04

    Me
    why?, Mar 20, 2005
  4. Bun Mui

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Bun Mui" <> wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP Compaq Presario Tower.
    > I tried this with D-link 604 router and PCAnywhere 10-
    > http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1004
    > and it works.
    > But when I try this model WRT54G model Linksys using this
    > link it don't work. I did everything it told me to do.
    > http://www.linksys.com/support/support.asp?spid=96
    > I would like to do the same as D-link 604 router.
    > Since that method works.
    > Right now I can't even use my pcanywhere 10 with the Linksys router.
    > Could someone please help me how to make it work.

    > Why are the 2 routers differ so much when configuring?

    > Thanks.
    >

    > Zhong

    look for a flash update for your wrt54G...
    i use a hacked version that gives more options then the OEM version.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Mar 21, 2005