    at least August of last year, so it's pretty unlikely.

    Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here? As far as I can tell
    this shouldn't even be possible.
    Nik Coughlin, Feb 28, 2007

  2. Nik Coughlin

    k Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > I have a client who is getting an old version of the website when they visit
    > the url from home.
    >
    > This is the site:
    > http://www.bizawards.co.nz/
    >
    > This is what she sees:
    > http://nrkn.com/temp/image001.jpg
    >
    > Does anyone else see the same version she sees, the old version?
    >
    > I'd be tempted to think that it's some kind of caching problem, except I
    > notice that she's using IE7. That version of the site hasn't existed since
    > at least August of last year, so it's pretty unlikely.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here? As far as I can tell
    > this shouldn't even be possible.

    Maybe IE7 is using a cache from a earlier installation of IE6?

    Did you ask them to clear their cache?

    I see the correct version here.
    k, Feb 28, 2007

  3. Nik Coughlin

    EMB Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:

    > Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here? As far as I can tell
    > this shouldn't even be possible.

    I'm assuming that the webhost for www.bizawards.co.nz was changed in
    August last year. Assuming that the authorative DNS servers were
    changed at this time it looks like her ISPs servers are trying to be
    authorative as well - and thus directing her to the old IP address.

    A quick diagnostic dig shows that Orcon's DNS is broken and shows their
    nameservers as authorative - which is wrong (so I assume her ISP is
    Orcon). A call to Orcon's helpdesk to get them to remove the entry for
    bizawards.co.nz from their zone file will solve the problem.
    EMB, Feb 28, 2007
  4. Nik Coughlin

    DB Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message news:es38ar$5a6$...
    > Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here? As far as I can tell
    >> this shouldn't even be possible.

    > I'm assuming that the webhost for www.bizawards.co.nz was changed in
    > August last year. Assuming that the authorative DNS servers were changed
    > at this time it looks like her ISPs servers are trying to be authorative
    > as well - and thus directing her to the old IP address.
    >
    > A quick diagnostic dig shows that Orcon's DNS is broken and shows their
    > nameservers as authorative - which is wrong (so I assume her ISP is
    > Orcon). A call to Orcon's helpdesk to get them to remove the entry for
    > bizawards.co.nz from their zone file will solve the problem.

    I see the old image on my Orcon connection
    DB, Feb 28, 2007
  5. Nik Coughlin

    -=rjh=- Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here? As far as I can
    >> tell this shouldn't even be possible.

    > I'm assuming that the webhost for www.bizawards.co.nz was changed in
    > August last year. Assuming that the authorative DNS servers were
    > changed at this time it looks like her ISPs servers are trying to be
    > authorative as well - and thus directing her to the old IP address.
    >
    > A quick diagnostic dig shows that Orcon's DNS is broken and shows their
    > nameservers as authorative - which is wrong (so I assume her ISP is
    > Orcon). A call to Orcon's helpdesk to get them to remove the entry for
    > bizawards.co.nz from their zone file will solve the problem.

    Sounds right - I see the 'old' version. I'm on Orcon ADSL, using their DNS.
    -=rjh=-, Feb 28, 2007
  6. Nik Coughlin

    Rob S Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > EMB wrote:
    >> Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here? As far as I can
    >>> tell this shouldn't even be possible.

    >> I'm assuming that the webhost for www.bizawards.co.nz was changed in
    >> August last year. Assuming that the authorative DNS servers were
    >> changed at this time it looks like her ISPs servers are trying to be
    >> authorative as well - and thus directing her to the old IP address.
    >>
    >> A quick diagnostic dig shows that Orcon's DNS is broken and shows
    >> their nameservers as authorative - which is wrong (so I assume her ISP
    >> is Orcon). A call to Orcon's helpdesk to get them to remove the entry
    >> for bizawards.co.nz from their zone file will solve the problem.
    >>

    > Sounds right - I see the 'old' version. I'm on Orcon ADSL, using their DNS.

    If you don't get any change from orcon, change dns to opendns.com's servers.
    208.67.222.222
    208.67.220.220
    Had no dns problems since changing to them 6 mths ago. Quick as well.

    --

    Rob
    http://aspir8or.blogspot.com

    The most important part of a microbiologist's job is not letting the
    little things get to him.
    Rob S, Feb 28, 2007

  7. >
    > A quick diagnostic dig shows that Orcon's DNS is broken and shows their
    > nameservers as authorative - which is wrong (so I assume her ISP is
    > Orcon). A call to Orcon's helpdesk to get them to remove the entry for
    > bizawards.co.nz from their zone file will solve the problem.

    This should be resolved tonight

    Thanks
    Craig
    Craig Whitmore, Feb 28, 2007
  8. Nik Coughlin

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Craig Whitmore wrote:
    >> A quick diagnostic dig shows that Orcon's DNS is broken and shows
    >> their nameservers as authorative - which is wrong (so I assume her
    >> ISP is Orcon). A call to Orcon's helpdesk to get them to remove the
    >> entry for bizawards.co.nz from their zone file will solve the
    >> problem.

    > This should be resolved tonight
    >
    > Thanks
    > Craig