    throughput ? Or it just won't work ?
    Thanks in advance.

    Mike
    Mike, Aug 31, 2006

  2. Mike

    Dave B. Guest

    If it is in fact an old desktop, you don't have USB 2.0 ports, only 1.1
    it should work in either

    Dave B., Aug 31, 2006

  3. Hi

    Most USB2 Wireless Dongles are down ward compatible with USB1.1

    A functioning USB 2 needs an OS that is updated for USB2 (Like Win XP SP2),
    and Hardware that is compatible with USB2.

    If your system meets the two criterion, to find out whether USB2 is actually
    active on you computer. Log to Windows Device Manger click on Universal
    Serial Bus Controllers

    Here how it looks, http://www.ezlan.net/network/usb2.jpg

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 31, 2006