    tried to burn them got a message of not enough memory. Then I checked
    my HD, it shows only 90.1 MB
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance
    JayAr, Nov 3, 2008

  2. JayAr

    chuckcar Guest

    JayAr <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hi to all. Please help me with a weird problem. Win 98SE. 300 Mz.-128
    > MB. RAM. I was having some problems with my computer so I tried to
    > use Registry Checker (scanreg/restore) to start in a previous problem
    > free back up. But the dates shown are five years in the future!! :
    > 09-21-13
    > 09-20-13
    > 09-19-13
    > 09-18-13
    > What could've happened? Las time I used the Registry Checker was
    > probably 2 or 3 years ago. How can I reset the proper date?
    > The clock and date in the right corner of the Task Bar is normal.

    So change it back to today and restart. This *didn't* happen overnight.
    It's been like this for at least 5 days. After this leave your computer
    *off* for two hours and see if the time is still correct, if it doesn't
    advance, you need a new battery for your motherboard. If it changes to
    2013 again, you need to remove the malware you somehow got.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 4, 2008

  3. JayAr

    Tony Guest

    You'll never know until you pick one of those dates. Get back to us after
    you put your registry in the future. Don't listen to that buffoon
    Chuckcar he'll turn your computer to mush.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Nov 4, 2008
  4. JayAr

    Tony Guest

    But suppose he changed his date and clock to match the times and years of those backups then maybe they'd work and he'd
    zoom into the future.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    Nay, Art thou decideth playeth ye simpleton games. *Some* of us know proper manners

    Using my technical prowess and computer abilities to answer questions beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Nov 4, 2008
  5. JayAr

    catchme Guest

    JayAr wrote:
    > Hi to all. Please help me with a weird problem. Win 98SE. 300 Mz.-128
    > MB. RAM. I was having some problems with my computer so I tried to
    > use Registry Checker (scanreg/restore) to start in a previous problem
    > free back up. But the dates shown are five years in the future!! :
    > 09-21-13
    > 09-20-13
    > 09-19-13
    > 09-18-13
    > What could've happened? Las time I used the Registry Checker was
    > probably 2 or 3 years ago. How can I reset the proper date?
    > The clock and date in the right corner of the Task Bar is normal.
    >
    > BTW, the problem I was trying to solve is that all of a sudden I ran
    > out of memory. Let me explain: I was downloading some videos. I had
    > over 3 GB of memory in my HD., The videos were less de 300MB. When I
    > tried to burn them got a message of not enough memory. Then I checked
    > my HD, it shows only 90.1 MB
    > Any ideas? Thanks in advance

    your memory is your RAM- in this case, 128Mb.
    downloading videos takes a lot of RAM to process- you need a newer
    machine to do that, as I think your P3/300 can only be upgraded to maybe
    1Gb. RAM
    memory is not stored in hard drive, generally, so the 3 Gb. on your hard
    drive is your storage capacity.
    and your 300 MHz processor barely suffices for streaming videos on a 56k
    modem, never mind broadband!
    you will definitely appreciate the speed difference, as well as having
    the engine under your hood to manage the speeds, should you buy a newer
    machine!

    --
    To the States or any one of them, or any city of the States,
    Resist much, obey little,

    -Walt Whitman, 1860
    catchme, Nov 4, 2008