    case eg c:\Documents And Settings\Joe bloggs\My Documents. Is there anyway
    to alter this?

    Thanx

    Kimball K Kinnison, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Kimball K Kinnison

    James Haddow Guest

    I done the same thing, can someone help?

    Metaphor.

    "Kimball K Kinnison" <> wrote in message
    > I am the sole user on my computer running windows XP Pro.
    >
    > When I set my account up I used by mistake lower case for the surname i.e.
    > Joe bloggs instead of Joe Bloggs.
    > I renamed the account using User Accounts in control panel and from

    Windows
    > it appears as Joe Bloggs however when I open a DOS prompt it is still

    lower

    James Haddow, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Kimball K Kinnison

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Kimball K Kinnison said:

    > I am the sole user on my computer running windows XP Pro.
    >
    > When I set my account up I used by mistake lower case for the surname i.e.
    > Joe bloggs instead of Joe Bloggs.
    > I renamed the account using User Accounts in control panel and from Windows
    > it appears as Joe Bloggs however when I open a DOS prompt it is still lower
    > case eg c:\Documents And Settings\Joe bloggs\My Documents. Is there anyway
    > to alter this?
    >
    > Thanx

    Does it really matter?

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004
  4. "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    > Kimball K Kinnison said:
    >
    > > I am the sole user on my computer running windows XP Pro.
    > >
    > > When I set my account up I used by mistake lower case for the surname

    i.e.
    > > Joe bloggs instead of Joe Bloggs.
    > > I renamed the account using User Accounts in control panel and from

    Windows
    > > it appears as Joe Bloggs however when I open a DOS prompt it is still

    lower
    > > case eg c:\Documents And Settings\Joe bloggs\My Documents. Is there

    anyway
    > > to alter this?
    > >
    > > Thanx

    > Does it really matter?

    No

    But it would be nice to fix!

    Kimball K Kinnison, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Kimball K Kinnison

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Kimball K Kinnison said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Kimball K Kinnison said:
    >>
    >>> I am the sole user on my computer running windows XP Pro.
    >>>
    >>> When I set my account up I used by mistake lower case for the surname i.e.
    >>> Joe bloggs instead of Joe Bloggs.
    >>> I renamed the account using User Accounts in control panel and from Windows
    >>> it appears as Joe Bloggs however when I open a DOS prompt it is still lower
    >>> case eg c:\Documents And Settings\Joe bloggs\My Documents. Is there anyway
    >>> to alter this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanx

    >> Does it really matter?
    >>

    > No
    >
    > But it would be nice to fix!

    Try renaming the Joe bloggs folder, create a new folder Joe Bloggs, cut and
    paste all the contents of the renamed Joe bloggs folder into the Joe Bloggs
    folder.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Kimball K Kinnison

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹© said:

    > Kimball K Kinnison said:
    >
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Does it really matter?
    >>>

    >> No
    >>
    >> But it would be nice to fix!

    > Try renaming the Joe bloggs folder, create a new folder Joe Bloggs, cut and
    > paste all the contents of the renamed Joe bloggs folder into the Joe Bloggs
    > folder.

    Then delete Joe bloggs.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004
  7. "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    > Brian H¹© said:
    >
    > > Kimball K Kinnison said:
    > >
    > >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    i.e.

    Windows

    lower

    anyway

    > >> No
    > >>
    > >> But it would be nice to fix!

    > > Try renaming the Joe bloggs folder, create a new folder Joe Bloggs, cut

    and
    > > paste all the contents of the renamed Joe bloggs folder into the Joe

    Bloggs
    > > folder.

    > Then delete Joe bloggs.

    "Access Denied"

    Kimball K Kinnison, Feb 26, 2004
  8. Kimball K Kinnison

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    Kimball K Kinnison wrote:
    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    >
    >>Brian H¹© said:

    > i.e.

    > Windows

    > lower

    > anyway

    >>>Try renaming the Joe bloggs folder, create a new folder Joe Bloggs, cut

    > and
    >
    >>>paste all the contents of the renamed Joe bloggs folder into the Joe

    > Bloggs
    >
    >>>folder.

    >>Then delete Joe bloggs.
    >>

    > "Access Denied"

    I just recently posted the same question. In my case, I could not get
    everything to transfer correctly.

    But, try this. First create a Restore Point, just in case. Then log on
    as administrator (for xp pro hit cntrl-alt-delete twice at the welcome
    screen, type "administrator" for the user name , without the "'s). You
    should be then be able to log in as the administrator.

    Now try to rename and cut and paste, etc. as described before. Restart
    and log in as usual. Check if the folder is the way you want it
    (including the sub-folders,i.e, "my documents") and that documents, etc.
    save to the new folder.

    If this works for you, I may give it another try.

    Harvey

    Harvey Gratt, Feb 26, 2004