Wrong Information in Microsoft Certification Books???

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?U3VtaXQ=?=, Oct 31, 2007.

  1. Hey Guys,

    I am preparing for MCSD certification and referring to Certification book by
    microsoft. But there are instances in book where information is incorrect or
    incomplete. So should I follow the book in that case??

    eg:
    here's what book specifies as criteria for first normal form. Three Criterias:

    • Tables must be two-dimensional and have data organized as columns and
    rows. Entities specified in the logical data model are transformed into
    database tables represented in a two-dimensional table, similar to a
    spreadsheet.
    • Each cell must contain one value.
    • Each column must have a single meaning. For example, you cannot have a
    dual-purpose column such as Order Date/Delivery Date.

    It doesnt talk about Repeating Groups....and that's what 1NF is all about???
    any suggestions???

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VtaXQ=?=, Oct 31, 2007