Wrong ICONS in the 'open with' list, and in properties ?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Morph, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. Morph

    Morph Guest

    The other day, as i used an 'open with' right-click on a file...the list of
    applications that are usually displayed, popped up, ... but all the icons
    were the wrong type ?
    For example .. the WORD icon, was the Adobe 1, the Frontpage was Windows
    media player, and so on...
    When i run Windows explorer, and use 'large icons' , the mp3. are displayed
    in correct form (icon-wise), as are WORD documents, they too, have the
    correct Icon form.. but NOT in the 'open with' list, and also, not in my
    printer App. ie. send scanned pics to 'and all the APPS have the wrong ICON
    to the left of them ? '
    Can anyone explain what may have caused this, as things were fine only a
    week ago.
    Also, if i goto 'start' and 'programs' ... All the small icons to the left
    of the Programs are OKAY ? .. So it is really the 'opens with' list, and
    when I look at the 'properties' of a file .. the 'Opens with' has the wrong
    ICON showing, ie. the Word Icon, for WMPlayer ?
    Has anyone any idea, why this has happened and how i can sort it out ?
    I have WindowsME, Int.Celeron 333mhz .. I have not installed anything lately
    onto my computer either .. Thanks - All the Best - Morph
    Morph, Jan 18, 2005