    (shutting off the PC for 5 minutes every time) to no avail.
    PLEASE HELP!
    Thanks!
    cabinboy, Dec 18, 2003

  2. "cabinboy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Windows XP is assigning the wrong letteres to my drives and I can't

    change them.
    > I have 2 HD, master and slave C: and D:
    > 2 Cd roms , master and slave E: and F:
    > and a memory stick reader in a USB port.
    > Windows assings C: and D: correctly but it assings the E: to the

    memory stick in
    > the USB port, G: to the master CD rom and F: to the slave CD rom.
    > And yes, the cables and the jumpers are set correctly.
    > I have tried disconnecting all the drives (except for C: and D:) and

    then
    > pluging them back one by one in the order they sholud be

    letter-assigned

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307844
    Steven Pilbeam, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Hi!

    Try this:

    Connect all your storage devices, including the memory stick.
    Go to: Start --> ControlPanel --> Administrative tools
    click computer management. Under storage --> removable storage, click
    disk management. All your devices will occur. Right click the devices
    you want to change drive letter on and click "change driveletter and
    path"

    and off you go changing everything you want (not the boot volume
    though.....)

    Hope this helps you.

    -----

    Kind regards
    www.pc-hjelpen.com (Norwegian)

    snapped again, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Hi!
    Start --> controlpanel --> administrative tools -->computer management
    Connect all your storage devices, including the memory stick
    Storage --> disk storage

    Right click the device you want to change, and select "change drive letter and path"

    You got the clue by now :)

    -----

    regards
    www.pc-hjepen.com (Norwegian)

    snapped again, Dec 18, 2003
  5. cabinboy

    cabinboy Guest

    THANKS!!! to Steven and snapped again, it worked like a charm and I learned
    something new.
    Thanks again and Happy Holidays to both of you!
    cabinboy

    cabinboy, Dec 18, 2003