    number. Before that I installed Windows XP Pro OEM which also has been
    trouble-free. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    John.

    jeh, Oct 4, 2006

  2. jeh

    bmoag Guest

    What is the system clock speed set at in the BIOS?

    bmoag, Oct 4, 2006

  3. jeh

    jeh Guest

    bmoag wrote:
    > What is the system clock speed set at in the BIOS?

    "External Clock 133 MHz" That part is grayed out, and right above that
    is "CPU Operating speed 2200+" When I highlight that it changes to
    "User defined?" and it's all highlighted then. Yeah I know, I don't
    know what I'm doing. I know just enough to get me in trouble.

    jeh, Oct 5, 2006
  4. jeh

    Travis Guest

    I don't really think it's too important as long as your getting maximum
    speeds from your CPU, try some benchmarks or something to test it. If
    you using Mac OS X (which I know your not) it's normal for it to be
    1ghz HIGHER

    Travis, Oct 5, 2006
  5. jeh

    bmoag Guest

    I believe that 133mHz is the correct system clock speed for this now ancient
    processor which can only work with memory up to 333mHz depending on mobo
    bios.
    The AMD site should still have a program called amdclock that will correctly
    identify your processor.
    If all is set up correctly the CPU should be correctly identified in Control
    Panel/system/hardware.
    The only thing that causes misidentification of the processor is incorrect
    system clock speed.
    Make sure your memory is not somehow underclocked in your bios settings.

    bmoag, Oct 5, 2006
  6. jeh

    jeh Guest

    jeh wrote:
    > I have a XP 2200+ in my computer and the Device manager says it's an XP
    > 1500+. It's an Abit Nf7 ver.2.0 board and I remember that it displayed
    > the correct processor after I first put it in over 18 months ago. I
    > went into setup and the "processor speed" displays 2200+, but just above
    > that it still displays Athlon XP 1500+ -- it displays that on boot up
    > too. Any clues to what is happening here? I did flash the bios about 6
    > months ago and that went very well, and it lists the correct version
    > number. Before that I installed Windows XP Pro OEM which also has been
    > trouble-free. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    > John.

    I fixed it, thanks.

    jeh, Oct 7, 2006