Wrong Connector

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Fred Atkinson, Feb 22, 2004.

  1. This might be slightly off subject, but I don't know a more
    likely place to put this that I might get an answer on it.

    I recently acquired a used Cisco Micro Webserver on Ebay for
    chump change. The only problem with it was that it was less a power
    supply.

    I consulted Cisco, who advised me that the Micro Webserver had
    been discontinued and they no longer support it. They did tell me
    that the Micro Webserver uses the same power supply as the Cisco 1600
    series routers.

    I found someone selling a replacement power supply for the
    1500/1600 series routers. I contacted them and told them my
    situation. They said that they had read the specifications on the Web
    server and that it should work. I ordered it.

    When it arrived, the connector on the power supply wasn't the
    same as the one on the Micro Web server. I contacted the seller, who
    insists it is the right one for the 1600 series router and I should
    send my grievance to Cisco about it. And we know there is nothing
    Cisco will do.

    Does anyone have any knowledge of this? If it is the same as
    the 1600, I'm out money. But I have recourse if it is not the right
    connector for the 1600.

    Thanks,

    Fred
    Fred Atkinson, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Fred Atkinson

    News Account Guest

    The 1602 has a 6 pin mini-DIN like a mouse - don't know about the
    microserver.

    Don Woodward

    News Account, Feb 22, 2004

  3. News Account wrote:

    > The 1602 has a 6 pin mini-DIN like a mouse - don't know about the
    > microserver.

    The Microserver 200 has a 6-pin DIN as well, and looks like it's the
    same case as a 1600 series:

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/mweb/mweb200/user/siteprep.htm#xtocid6

    What he has, however, is probably a Microserver 100:

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/mweb/mweb100/user/install.htm#xtocid15

    So the guy on Ebay was right; it *is* the correct PSU, if you have a
    200. But he is wrong too, as the 100 has a different PSU...

    Regards,

    Marco.
    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Feb 22, 2004
  4. On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:06:44 +0100, "M.C. van den Bovenkamp"
    <> wrote:

    >News Account wrote:
    >
    >> The 1602 has a 6 pin mini-DIN like a mouse - don't know about the
    >> microserver.

    >The Microserver 200 has a 6-pin DIN as well, and looks like it's the
    >same case as a 1600 series:
    >
    >http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/mweb/mweb200/user/siteprep.htm#xtocid6
    >

    >What he has, however, is probably a Microserver 100:
    >
    >http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/mweb/mweb100/user/install.htm#xtocid15
    >
    >So the guy on Ebay was right; it *is* the correct PSU, if you have a
    >200. But he is wrong too, as the 100 has a different PSU...
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Marco.

    After reading the docs you provided, it appears that you are
    right. <sigh>. I guess I'm out the money.

    Maybe I can resell it on Ebay.

    Fred
    Fred Atkinson, Feb 23, 2004