    Some people say they are writing an exam. I'm AMERICAN,
    and it sounds foreign to me. Is that a britishism? Are
    those saying they will write an exam from INDIA?

    linguist, May 7, 2004

  2. >Some people say they are writing an exam. I'm AMERICAN,
    >and it sounds foreign to me.

    It always makes me laugh too!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 7, 2004

  3. linguist

    Consultant Guest

    you know damn right, you bastard

    Consultant, May 7, 2004
  4. linguist

    Paul Guest

    "In his best &-11 voice"
    If I write an MCSE exam, will I pass?

    Paul, May 8, 2004
  5. linguist

    Hired Goon Guest

    "linguist" <> wrote in message
    > Some people say they are writing an exam. I'm AMERICAN,
    > and it sounds foreign to me. Is that a britishism? Are
    > those saying they will write an exam from INDIA?

    As a Canadian I hear both, but "taking" an exam sounds like your going to
    grab it and walk away with it. I'd rather put pen to paper and "write" an
    exam.

    Hired Goon, May 10, 2004
  6. linguist

    Neil Guest

    "Hired Goon" <me@work> wrote in

    > As a Canadian I hear both, but "taking" an exam sounds like your going
    > to grab it and walk away with it. I'd rather put pen to paper and
    > "write" an exam.

    based on this, we should all be "clicking" an exam...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 10, 2004
  7. linguist

    Hired Goon Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > "Hired Goon" <me@work> wrote in
    >
    > > As a Canadian I hear both, but "taking" an exam sounds like your going
    > > to grab it and walk away with it. I'd rather put pen to paper and
    > > "write" an exam.

    > based on this, we should all be "clicking" an exam...
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP #30

    Let's all start a new trend and go click our microsoft exams. :)

    Hired Goon, May 10, 2004
  8. linguist

    Neil Guest

    "Hired Goon" <> wrote in news:#y$ykMpNEHA.3556
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > Let's all start a new trend and go click our microsoft exams. :)

    ah, go click yourself...

    ;)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 10, 2004
  9. >As a Canadian I hear both, but "taking" an exam sounds like your going to
    >grab it and walk away with it. I'd rather put pen to paper and "write" an
    >exam.

    I agree. Won't happen with microsoft exams though.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 10, 2004
  10. linguist

    Brian Guest

    "linguist" <> wrote
    > Some people say they are writing an exam. I'm AMERICAN,
    > and it sounds foreign to me. Is that a britishism?

    I thought the British term was "sitting" and exam. Beats standing, I guess.

    Brian, May 10, 2004
  11. linguist

    Digit Guest

    >...I thought the British term was "sitting" and exam.
    Beats standing, I guess.

    In America, a 'sitting' exam is performed by a
    proctologist!

    Digit, May 10, 2004