    faster broadband uptake in line with our competitors," Dame Silvia said.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Nov 8, 2005

  2. "thingy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The speech also fired a broadside at Telecom and the telecommunications
    > sector.
    >
    > "My government will be advancing policies to ensure that the
    > telecommunications sector becomes more competitive and that we achieve
    > faster broadband uptake in line with our competitors," Dame Silvia said.
    >
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3471917a10,00.html
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    sure, believe that when i see it. the dame probably doesn't even know what
    the internet is.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 8, 2005

  3. In article <u7Xbf.1656$>,
    "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote:

    > sure, believe that when i see it. the dame probably doesn't even know what
    > the internet is.

    She doesn't have to. She's reading from a speech prepared by Helen (or
    some faceless Ms H.Appleby.)

    .....who may or may not know what the Internet is. She's pretty sharp,
    I'd be surprised if she didn't make regular use of it.

    --
    Dibley

    Dibley Fanshaw, Nov 8, 2005