    burner. If it matters, I'm using Windows XP Pro. Should I be able to do this?
    Thanks much.

    , Oct 5, 2005

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:39:16 -0400, wrote:

    >My understanding was that you could write data files to a DVD just like to a CD
    >but only more of them. Am I wrong?

    That's correct.

    >I justt ried to back up some data to a DVD,
    >and was prompted that the data could not be written to the type of disk I had
    >inserted. I was using Nero Ultra to do a data transfer and yes, I'm using a DVD
    >burner. If it matters, I'm using Windows XP Pro. Should I be able to do this?
    >Thanks much.

    What was the EXACT wording of the error? What type of media did you
    try and create in Nero?

    Evan Platt, Oct 5, 2005

  3. The Shed Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > My understanding was that you could write data files to a DVD just
    > like to a CD
    > but only more of them. Am I wrong? I justt ried to back up some data
    > to a DVD,
    > and was prompted that the data could not be written to the type of
    > disk I had
    > inserted. I was using Nero Ultra to do a data transfer and yes, I'm
    > using a DVD
    > burner. If it matters, I'm using Windows XP Pro. Should I be able to
    > do this?
    > Thanks much.

    ensure you have the burner type set to dvd not cdrw in the drop down
    list at the start of nero---it will not auto select the disc type.

    The Shed, Oct 5, 2005
  4. Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:13:37 GMT, "The Shed" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> My understanding was that you could write data files to a DVD just
    >> like to a CD
    >> but only more of them. Am I wrong? I justt ried to back up some data
    >> to a DVD,
    >> and was prompted that the data could not be written to the type of
    >> disk I had
    >> inserted. I was using Nero Ultra to do a data transfer and yes, I'm
    >> using a DVD
    >> burner. If it matters, I'm using Windows XP Pro. Should I be able to
    >> do this?
    >> Thanks much.
    >>

    >ensure you have the burner type set to dvd not cdrw in the drop down
    >list at the start of nero---it will not auto select the disc type.

    Thanks. I figured it was something like that but I just cannot find the option
    anywhere. I must be blinder than I thought. Could you point me in the right
    direction? Thanks again.

    , Oct 6, 2005