    Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
    remarked?

    Many Thanks
    Gameface, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Gameface

    olfart Guest

    "Gameface" <> wrote in message
    news:40e2cf01$0$282$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for one

    uni
    > assignments for which I received a much lower grade than expected.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
    > remarked?
    >
    > Many Thanks

    Rule No. 1
    Don't begin the letter with.....Dear A**hole
    olfart, Jun 30, 2004

  3. Re: Writing an Appeal Letter for remarking an assignment (Universitylevel)

    Gameface wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for one uni
    > assignments for which I received a much lower grade than expected.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
    > remarked?
    >
    > Many Thanks

    5/10 not enough punctuation and assignment should have been singular.
    Must try harder.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 30, 2004
  4. Re: Writing an Appeal Letter for remarking an assignment (Universitylevel)

    olfart wrote:

    > "Gameface" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for one

    > uni
    >
    >>assignments for which I received a much lower grade than expected.
    >>
    >>Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
    >>remarked?
    >>
    >>Many Thanks
    >>

    > Rule No. 1
    > Don't begin the letter with.....Dear A**hole

    LOL
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 30, 2004
  5. Gameface

    Max Power Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for one

    uni
    > assignments for which I received a much lower grade than expected.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
    > remarked?

    What makes you so sure the work was good?
    Max Power, Jun 30, 2004
  6. Gameface

    Diogenes Guest

    Gameface wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for
    > one uni assignments for which I received a much lower grade than
    > expected.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
    > remarked?
    >
    > Many Thanks

    Rule No. 1
    _Begin_ the letter with.....Dear Asshole
    Diogenes, Jun 30, 2004
  7. Gameface

    Gameface Guest

    lol don't worry i wont :D

    Thaks for the advice tho 'olfart' :D

    Gameface, Jun 30, 2004
  8. Gameface

    Gameface Guest

    to MaxPower

    Just because others have stated it should've received a higher mark
    including other senior lectures (not related to my course) for whom have no
    I affiliation with.

    I know its obviously my own opinion, but I am right in saying that any
    student has the right to appeal regardless of other opinions and views.
    But I can understand where you are coming from...

    Gameface, Jun 30, 2004
  9. Gameface

    Max Power Guest

    > Just because others have stated it should've received a higher mark
    > including other senior lectures (not related to my course) for whom have

    no
    > I affiliation with.
    >
    > I know its obviously my own opinion, but I am right in saying that any
    > student has the right to appeal regardless of other opinions and views.
    > But I can understand where you are coming from...

    So what mark did you actually get, how far short was it?

    Why not post your project here and we'll vote on what we
    think it is worth?
    Max Power, Jun 30, 2004
  10. Gameface

    SgtMinor Guest

    Gameface wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for one uni
    > assignments for which I received a much lower grade than expected.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
    > remarked?
    >
    > Many Thanks

    Be careful what you ask for. Your assignment may indeed be regraded,
    but with an outcome you don't want.

    The best appeal would be one based on objective reasoning. Were the
    criteria for the assignment explained clearly? Was the grading system
    to be used explained to you? Were explanations provided for the low
    grade? Do you know who actually did the grading?

    From your posts in this thread it appears that you are having problems
    with spelling and grammar. Was that an issue with your assignment? If
    you do decide to file an appeal, have someone with good language skills
    check your writing.
    SgtMinor, Jun 30, 2004
  11. olfart wrote:

    > "Gameface" <> wrote in message

    >> I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for
    >> one uni assignments for which I received a much lower grade than
    >> expected.

    >> Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
    >> remarked?

    >> Many Thanks

    > Rule No. 1 Don't begin the letter with.....Dear A**hole

    Rule No. 2 "Whassup, yo?" is only marginally better.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    New June 23:
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 30, 2004
  12. Gameface wrote:

    > Just because others have stated it should've received a higher mark
    > including other senior lectures (not related to my course) for whom have no
    > I affiliation with.

    Did you mean "senior lecturers"? (As a yank, I don't know Britspeak, so I'm
    not sure.)

    Does "for whom have no I affiliation with" make sense over there?

    If the answers are, respectively, "yes" and "no", then perhaps your
    grade is adequate as it stands.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 30, 2004
  13. Re: Writing an Appeal Letter for remarking an assignment (Universitylevel)

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Gameface wrote:
    >

    >>Just because others have stated it should've received a higher mark
    >>including other senior lectures (not related to my course) for whom have no
    >>I affiliation with.

    > Did you mean "senior lecturers"? (As a yank, I don't know Britspeak, so I'm
    > not sure.)
    >
    > Does "for whom have no I affiliation with" make sense over there?
    >
    > If the answers are, respectively, "yes" and "no", then perhaps your
    > grade is adequate as it stands.

    Case rested :)
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 30, 2004
  14. Gameface

    Gameface Guest

    Re: Writing an Appeal Letter for remarking an assignment (University level)

    Hi SgtMinor,
    Obviously this is just a newsgroup and so I don't really put my heart and
    soul into making the grammer and language perfect (but I do understand your
    comments, as the project wasnt theory based this isn't an issue)

    But thanks for the advice though i'll take those tips on board.

    Gameface, Jun 30, 2004
  15. "Gameface" <> wrote in message
    > lol don't worry i wont :D

    Whatever you write, make sure it is to the point, unemotional,
    non-accusatory and the spelling and grammar have been checked!

    --
    MESSAGE ENDS.
    John Porcella
    John Porcella, Jun 30, 2004
  16. Gameface

    relic Guest

    Gameface wrote:
    > lol don't worry i wont :D
    >
    > Thaks for the advice tho 'olfart' :D

    won't
    Thanks
    though

    If I were you, I wouldn't write the letter.
    relic, Jun 30, 2004
  17. Gameface

    Gameface Guest

    If you observed correctly you would see the post was from someone under the
    alias of
    "olfart"

    Thats why i said what I did...

    Gameface, Jun 30, 2004
  18. Gameface

    SgtMinor Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Gameface wrote:
    >
    > > Just because others have stated it should've received a higher mark
    > > including other senior lectures (not related to my course) for whom have no
    > > I affiliation with.

    > Did you mean "senior lecturers"? (As a yank, I don't know Britspeak, so I'm
    > not sure.)

    It be Yankspeak too:
    http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2000/03.02/yntema.html

    SgtMinor, Jul 1, 2004
  19. Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Gameface wrote:

    >>>Just because others have stated it should've received a higher mark
    >>>including other senior lectures (not related to my course) for whom have no
    >>>I affiliation with.

    >> Did you mean "senior lecturers"? (As a yank, I don't know Britspeak, so I'm
    >> not sure.)

    >> Does "for whom have no I affiliation with" make sense over there?

    >> If the answers are, respectively, "yes" and "no", then perhaps your
    >> grade is adequate as it stands.

    > Case rested :)

    Kinda bothers me that I was so polite. Think I'll go in for a checkup. ;)

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 1, 2004
  20. Re: Writing an Appeal Letter for remarking an assignment (University level)

    SgtMinor wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Gameface wrote:

    >> > Just because others have stated it should've received a higher mark
    >> > including other senior lectures (not related to my course) for whom have no
    >> > I affiliation with.

    >> Did you mean "senior lecturers"? (As a yank, I don't know Britspeak, so I'm
    >> not sure.)

    > It be Yankspeak too:
    > http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2000/03.02/yntema.html

    Yes, "senior lecturers" is. I was asking about his labeling some other people
    "senior lectures".

    Note difference. Count the "r"s. ;)

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 1, 2004