    then create the connection to the point where they would only have to enter a
    name and password.

    Any suggestions as to where to start?
    =?Utf-8?B?bWJvd3llckBwdXJkdWUuZWR1?=, Oct 4, 2005

  2. "" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:...
    >I am a student working part time for Purdue University. We have a new
    > wireless G system which takes about 30 minutes for an unexperienced person
    > set up. The instructions are the only thing broadcast
    > http://www.itap.purdue.edu/airlink/winxp.cfm
    >
    > I am trying to write a program that would be able to first check to see if
    > user's hardware is compadible with WPA authorization, and TKIP encription,
    > then create the connection to the point where they would only have to
    > enter a
    > name and password.
    >
    > Any suggestions as to where to start?

    My wi-fi NICs do only WEP not WPA but a quick search of registry for "WEP"
    found it right where it should be. As I don't have any WPA to search for in
    my registry, I cant be 100% accurate but it seems likely that if you get
    your prog to do a registry search for "WPA" and it exists, that is proof. At
    that point, all you need to really know is the registry keys implemented by
    each wi-fi NIC available and how to turn WPA on through that I would think.
    Now when you consider there are lots of NICs about that do wi-fi and more
    coming out all the time, wouldn't it be easier to have the person do their
    own?
    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 5, 2005