    both a CDRW and a CDR. What could be the problem?
    I'm guessing it isn't due to safe mode, or it wouldn't let me get
    this far, right?

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9ueTIwMjA=?=, Sep 13, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dG9ueTIwMjA=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Most likely the driver you need to write to the CD isn't loaded in safe
    mode. Only minimal drivers are loaded.

    John Barnes, Sep 13, 2005

  3. Yes, I agree.

    CD support will surely be there. Burner support - I think not.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 13, 2005
  4. Hello Tony,
    You can try starting the IMAPI service.
    Right-Click My Computer
    Choose Manage
    Choose Services and Applications
    Choose IMAPI CD Burning Com Service
    Try the Start button, by default it's off in Safe Mode, but it doesn't show
    any dependancies.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Tony Sperling" <>
    <Subject: Re: write to cd in xp 64 RC2 safe mode
    <Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:30:14 +0200
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <Yes, I agree.
    <
    <CD support will surely be there. Burner support - I think not.
    <
    <Tony. . .
    <
    <
    <"John Barnes" <> wrote in message
    <> Most likely the driver you need to write to the CD isn't loaded in safe
    <> mode. Only minimal drivers are loaded.
    <>

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Sep 14, 2005
  5. I tried this and got the message: can not start the service on local
    computer, error 1084 "this service cannot be started in safe mode." Any
    other ideas? If I buy a
    sandisk cruzer disk to back up, will USB recognize it in safe mode and
    allow me to drag files to copy?

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9ueTIwMjA=?=, Sep 14, 2005