    I'd like to put freesco on a USB memory stick but cant find any info
    on how to do. Suspect it cant be done or there would be heaps of info
    out there...
    John in Wembley, Dec 8, 2008

  2. John in Wembley

    EMB Guest

    EMB, Dec 8, 2008

  3. John in Wembley

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 23:03:24 -0800 (PST), John in Wembley
    <> wrote:

    >is it possible to write an image to a memory stick?
    >I'd like to put freesco on a USB memory stick but cant find any info
    >on how to do. Suspect it cant be done or there would be heaps of info
    >out there...

    It is possible to do it. The Ultimate Boot CD for Windows can be
    installed onto a USB stick. Have a look at
    http://ubcd4win.com/forum/index.php?s=79bb55aea9085cce41957965ffe9cb6b&showtopic=9630
    I don't know how that will apply to a different image though but you
    might get some ideas.

    That's a Windows disk image though, the original Linux Ultimate Boot
    CD also installs onto a USB stick. Have a look at
    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ about halfway down the page.

    --
    Ray Greene
    Ray Greene, Dec 8, 2008
  4. John in Wembley

    EMB Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > John in Wembley wrote:
    >> is it possible to write an image to a memory stick?
    >> I'd like to put freesco on a USB memory stick but cant find any info
    >> on how to do. Suspect it cant be done or there would be heaps of info
    >> out there...

    > Maybe treat it like a HDD?
    >
    > http://bakskuru.se/fredrik/freesco/afib/afib_06.html
    >
    > Or maybe not......
    >
    > http://www.freesco.org/support-forum/index.php?showtopic=16953

    If all you want is to run it off a flash device in the interests of
    reliability and low power consumption it installs ok in HDD mode onto a
    CF card on an IDE converter.
    EMB, Dec 8, 2008