    until upgrading the driver for the internal NIC. Seems to function fine, but
    ever so slightly slower than before (running with WEP). All set to 802.11g
    only as all of my equipment is in G mode. Speed Burst enabled.
    =?Utf-8?B?SmF5QXJy?=, Nov 17, 2006

  2. they're may be a every so slight speed toll on your router due to the fact
    that every time your computer sends a request to your router it has to
    authenticate itself and the router will need to time to process this and then
    allow your computer to do the actions.

    Cheers
    JimmiBoi
    If this solves your problem please press this answerd my Question Below

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltbWlCb2k=?=, Nov 17, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SmF5QXJy?=

    S. Pidgorny Guest

    Most f the modern equipment implements encryption in hardware, allowing to
    achieve full "wire speed"; AES isn't too resource-intensive either.

    The performance decline - have you measured that? Frankly, we (enterprise
    infrastructure designers and such) build networks under assumption
    (reinforced by the vendors) that there's no performance hit.

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
    -= F1 is the key =-

    S. Pidgorny, Nov 17, 2006
  4. Hi
    To make sure that you are Not experiencing a Psychological phenomenon,
    measure the actual transfer, with or without WPA.
    http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 17, 2006