    want to know now if someone else can obtain that key by capturing the
    handshake and knowing the PSK?

    Thanks, Thorsten

    Thorsten Tarrach, Jul 15, 2008

  2. Thorsten Tarrach

    Sascha Guest

    Hi Thorsten,

    in the PSK method you need to share the key before the communication to get
    access.
    I think the PSK is not used in the communication like the public key.
    As I think, the PSK is used to encrypt the data, then the datas are sent out
    and the opposite use his know psk to decrypt it again so it should not be
    possible to capture it in this way *but not absolute sure*

    Regards Sascha

    Sascha, Jul 17, 2008