    Any suggestions? I feel like I have some learning to do.

    Thanks,

    Fred
    Fred Marshall, May 8, 2005

  2. Fred Marshall

    S. Pidgorny Guest

    WPA protects traffic between the client and the access point. If the access
    point is a part of a public network then VPN should be used - otherwise it's
    clearly overkill, overengineering that adds no security but does add system
    administration overhead.

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
    -= F1 is the key =-

    "Fred Marshall" <fmarshallx@remove_the_x.acm.org> wrote in message
    > It has been suggested that using WPA2 could be strengthened by using a

    VPN.

    S. Pidgorny, May 8, 2005

  3. Svyatoslav

    Thanks for the confirmation.