Wpa

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by sinner, Jun 17, 2005.

  1. sinner

    sinner Guest

    Firstly thank you to anyone who responds to this post

    The problem is this for a while i have had a wireless router and my pc
    connects to it via wireless card with no drama's I have also WPA enabled
    again all is well

    Problem

    I have bought a laptop with an internal broadcom wirless network card, When
    I enable WPA the latop can see the network but will not connect after a
    period of "aquiring network address" subsequent removal of WPA and all is
    well apart from the laptop dops the connection every now and then

    Downloaded latest drivers = no success

    Router = belkin

    Wireless network card = belkin

    Anyone any ideas before I start shelling out cash

    Thank you

    sinner, Jun 17, 2005

  2. I had a similar problem, had me climbing the walls but in the end I found
    that it was Netscape Navigator that the router didn't like (I used it to
    access the config page on the router to set up the WPA). I changed to IE,
    tried setting everything up again from scratch and it's been fine. I also
    found that the belkin router I had (can't remember the model) needed
    regularly rebooting during the setting up of WPA.

    Dunno if that helps, but worth mentioning.

    Andy

    Andy Roxburgh, Jul 1, 2005