    WPA security with no problems???

    Cheers
    Ollie

    =?Utf-8?B?T2xsaWU=?=, Mar 5, 2005

  2. The driver version is 1.2.3.10 dated 16 June 2004.

    =?Utf-8?B?T2xsaWU=?=, Mar 5, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?T2xsaWU=?=

    Malke Guest

    Ollie wrote:

    > The driver version is 1.2.3.10 dated 16 June 2004.
    >
    > "Ollie" wrote:
    >
    >> I have a new Dell D600 laptop running WinXP professional. It has the
    >> Intel centrino with Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3A Mini PCI built in.
    >> I'm trying to connect to my wireless LAN with WPA, but on the
    >> Advanced tab in Wireless network properties, there is only WEP
    >> available????? My home PC is running WinXP with a Belkin wireless PCI
    >> card connected using WPA security with no problems???
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Ollie

    WPA is hardware-dependent, not operating system-dependent. Your laptop
    hardware apparently does not support WPA. You will need to use the same
    encryption on all devices, so either get a pc card that supports WPA
    for the laptop or switch your router and other wireless clients to WEP.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Mar 5, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?T2xsaWU=?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    To see WPA option in Windows wireless properties, you need
    either SP2, or WPA patch for SP1 (KB 815485 )
    Also Intel recommends to use latest driver updates.

    Current 2100 driver version on Dell site is v.1.2.3.14 dated 10/04/2004
    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?releaseid=R86279&c=us&l=en&s=gen&cs=

    Latest generic driver version at Intel site is 1.2.3.17.
    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/detail_desc.asp?strState=LIVE&ProductID=944&DwnldID=8316

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Mar 5, 2005