    advise how to configure both Cisco AP and notebooks to WAP encryption.

    Thanks,

    Ray

    Ray, Oct 3, 2004

  2. Hi Ray,

    You can find information on configuring Cisco APs in the technical
    support area on Cisco's web site. Here is the URL
    for the wireless area within Cisco's technical support:
    http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/index.pl?i=Products&f=755&viewall=true

    If you want to use straight WPA you also need to have a RADIUS server
    that the AP will communicate with to
    perform 802.1X authentication.

    If you do not have a RADIUS server, you can use WPA-PSK (Pre-Shared Key)
    instead. With WPA-PSK you
    will set up a key on both the AP and client similar to WEP.

    Here is a good guide to WPA configuration on Windows XP:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0303.mspx

    Thanks
    Chris Gual [MSFT]

    Chris Gual [MSFT], Oct 7, 2004