    Any ideas?

    Thx. in advance,

    -- Randall

    Randall, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Randall

    Guest Guest

    Some more information:

    In the Wireless Network Connection Properties dialog, when
    I highlight the appropriate SSID under preferred networks
    and hit advanced, I see two different sets of options
    under Network Authentication. One machine shows Open or
    shared, and the other shows open, shared, wpa, and wpa-
    psk. Is there another update out there I'm missing??

    Thanks.

    Link
    >Extreme-G router using WPA-PSK. Both machines are WinXP
    >home ed., and I've updated the older machine (a laptop)
    >with the 815485 WPA support patch.
    >
    >When I apply WPA-PSK to the router, one machine connects
    >OK but the other gives me an error message saying that

    the

    Guest, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Randall

    chris French Guest

    In message <301e01c470f7$72e28f60$>,
    writes
    >Some more information:
    >
    >In the Wireless Network Connection Properties dialog, when
    >I highlight the appropriate SSID under preferred networks
    >and hit advanced, I see two different sets of options
    >under Network Authentication. One machine shows Open or
    >shared, and the other shows open, shared, wpa, and wpa-
    >psk. Is there another update out there I'm missing??

    I assume everything connects ok if no encryption is applied?

    Presumably this latter one is the one is the one that connects ok?

    It sounds like the other one didn't update properly - try it again maybe

    alternatively - is there a manufacturers utility to use with he wireless
    card in the one that doesn't connect instead of WinXP's support? does
    the card actually support WPA (not all do if they are older)
    --
    Chris French

    chris French, Jul 24, 2004
  4. Randall

    Guest Guest

    Thanks Chris.

    I think you're right, and it's my old 802.11B PC Card
    that's an issue. But a strange question remains.. In
    Wireless Network Connection Properties dialog, when I
    select Properties for my SSID, wouldn't XP let me see more
    than just open and shared as options? I XP smart enought
    to limit my options based on my PC card's limitations?

    Perhaps.. and perhaps I should try a new pc card.

    Thanks again.

    -- Randall

    Guest, Jul 28, 2004