    configure the Music player to use WPA-PSK so I was going to configure the
    Laptop to use WPA, but cant do it.

    Can anyone point me in the general direction?
    Dave Cox, Feb 12, 2006

  2. Dave Cox

    Dave Cox Guest

    Sorry! problems with WPA-PSK & WEP

    Dave Cox, Feb 12, 2006

  3. Dave Cox

    __spc__ Guest

    "Dave Cox" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry! problems with WPA-PSK & WEP
    >

    > "Dave Cox" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm have a laptop that is using WPA-PSK to connect wiht my modem/router
    >> and a music player that uses WPA to connect to the modem router, I cant
    >> configure the Music player to use WPA-PSK so I was going to configure the
    >> Laptop to use WPA, but cant do it.
    >>
    >> Can anyone point me in the general direction?

    I couldn't crack it, but all accounts are that WEP is near-pointless.
    __spc__, Feb 12, 2006
  4. Hi

    When using Wireless Security (encryption) the Wireless Network has to be
    configured to the capacity of the lowest device.

    I.e. if one dev\ice is only capable to do WEP then the whole Network,
    (Wireless Router/AP and Wireless Clients) have to WEP encrypted.

    The same applies to WAP, WPA PSK, WPA-AES etc. All the devices must be on
    the exact same form of Encryption.

    If you are unsuccessful to encrypt a specific device with WEP, you should
    look at the manufacture support site. We can not guess what is wrong with
    your specific device

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 12, 2006
  5. Dave Cox

    Dave Cox Guest

    Cheers Jack,,

    Pointers appreciated. I've asked a more specific question.....

    Dave

    Dave Cox, Feb 15, 2006