    Since we do not have CA or RADIUS in our environment, is WPA secure enough
    to feel confident in a wireless deployment?

    Thanks - Sean
    HelpPls, Jul 14, 2004

  2. HelpPls

    Niklas Guest

    Hi,
    Most would probably say that WPA itself would make the connection secure
    enough (or atleast more secure than WEP), but if you are using WPA-PSK (pre
    shared key) and some malicous user gets his hands on the computer then you
    are wide open. If you would use WPA with a radius server and login via the
    AD user/password or some type of smart card then you are a more secure.

    If you would use a pre shared key I would say the security depends on how
    large the organization is.
    WPA-PSK is only intended for small offices and home users. You have to
    distribute the key to all users just as with WEP, and that isn't secure, in
    a large organization the password can easily get in the hands of users
    outside.
    Maybe you would also like to only let some users go wireless, with a pre
    shared key you could restrict mac addresses, but you don't have a radius
    server to restrict what groups or users that should be allowed access.

    If you only have a couple of users you could use a pre shared key (just let
    the password be around 20 characters or more, and don't have the same
    password for all eternity)

    well that's my two ?
    /Niklas

    Niklas, Jul 15, 2004