WPA on Window ME

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Mark, Sep 6, 2004.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Is there a way to test, make sure, that WPA is working?

    I have a WinMe laptop and recently upgraded to an 802.11g
    WLAN with a new D-Link router and PC Card. Both the Router
    & PC Card support WPA & WPA-PSK.

    D-Link tech support people have told me that I can use WPA
    because I am running WIndows Me. However, their website
    provides a supplicant specifically for WinMe. I installed
    it and am able to select WPA and WPA-PSK from the D-Link
    wireless utility. And after punching in my key, all was
    well. I am able to browse the web and print to network
    printers without a hitch.

    So is WPA not capable on WinMe or what? And, how do I know
    it is working if it is active?

    Thanks for any suggestions. Either reply to this post or
    send email directly to me.

    Thanks much,

    Mark
    Mark, Sep 6, 2004