    Is WPA not an exact science yet?

    Thanks,
    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Oct 17, 2004

  2. Bill Crocker

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    The WPA is handled by both side (Source and Client), WPA is suppose to be
    compatible across the board.

    However a lot of the Entry Level Wireless were designed and implemented on
    the Eve of WPA's introduction. So, some Entry Level Wireless is not WPA
    capable and others might be Quirky.

    If you buy the same Brand Wireless Cable/DSL Router (or AP) and a Client
    you at least can take it with the manufacturer.

    As an example if you buy all Buffalo it works, and Buffalo made sure that it
    is compatible with WCZ, otherwise it might need some Trial and
    Error.Wireless - BasicSecurity: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Bill Crocker" <> wrote in message
    > When implementing WPA on the client side, does it matter much whose WiFi
    > card you're using? Is WPA handled by the card itself, or software on the
    > computer.
    >
    > I'm running WinXP SP2 on all systems. I have a Netgear FWG114P router.

    My
    > client side has a Buffalo PCI WiFi card. I had it all working with WPA,

    but
    > it seems when the key is renewed, I loose connection, and it won't recover
    > without a lot of messing around, only to loose it again.
    >
    > I do have a 2.4GHz video link, in close proximity, and a neighbor across

    the

    Jack, Oct 17, 2004