    along the lines of "Force policy update", but is was only in passing, and I
    didn't have a chance to ask the people what it did, but I do know it was to
    resolve the same issue. Anyone got any ideas please?.. Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1YmJ5YWxk?=, Sep 24, 2006

  2. "Chubbyald" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all. I have an issue which I'm finding impossible to resolve. My
    > onboard
    > wireless adapter does not show the options to allow me to choose WPA-PSK
    > encryption. It's not actually there. I believe it should be, but I think
    > there could be something wrong with my XP installation possibly. I have
    > attached an external USB WiFi adapter and it's in the options for that
    > card.
    > My friend has a very similar laptop to me, an Acer also, but is older than
    > mine, but has the option to select WPA encryption on his onboard card. I
    > did
    > overhear someone mentioning there is a command line fix for this,
    > something
    > along the lines of "Force policy update", but is was only in passing, and
    > didn't have a chance to ask the people what it did, but I do know it was
    > resolve the same issue. Anyone got any ideas please?.. Thanks.

    Which adapter is it? Also, if you are positive it SHOULD be there but isn't,
    try getting an update for it over the web.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Sep 24, 2006

  3. Hi

    Not all Acer have necessarily the same Wireless card. It might be that yours
    is not WPA compatible. Log to Acer support site find the recent drivers for
    the card, and make sure that there is a statement that your model support
    WPA.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 25, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1YmJ5YWxk?=

    Newtechie Guest

    I know there is an update from Microsoft that you have to install for the
    WPA encrytion. I had to do it last week.

    Try this one:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...25-ce2b-47a4-abec-274845dc9e91&DisplayLang=en

    Hope this helps.
    newtechie