WPA and DHCP

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Alister, Apr 13, 2007.

  1. Alister

    Alister Guest

    Hi,

    Wonder if anyone can help.

    On our office network (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS etc) we have three
    NETGEAR WN802T used as access points for laptops onto the network.
    These AP's are secured using WPA-PSK with a long and complicated
    key, and they have had default ssid's, passwords etc changed.
    Looking through DHCP on the Server I noticed two address leases from
    computers outside our domain.

    Trying to narrow down the likely culprits, I wonder is it likely to
    be
    someone with access to the WPA key or is WPA still not secure
    enough to stop unauthorized access?

    Question: Should WPA stop the DHCP server offering leases through the
    Access points?

    Any help much appreciated.

    Alister.

    Alister, Apr 13, 2007