    You have a lot to learn. The people giving advice on here are not being
    arrogant, they are being truthful and helpful.

    -starrynight

    starrynight, Mar 9, 2005

  2. starrynight

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "starrynight" <> say in
    news::

    > I see that some people are really trying to help others on this
    > newsgroup. However NO one seems to be getting the hint. Let's put it
    > this way..if you can't do a search on the internet for something you
    > are looking for, perhaps something like a certificate called MCDST...
    > then you better keep studying. You have a lot to learn. The people
    > giving advice on here are not being arrogant, they are being truthful
    > and helpful.
    >
    > -starrynight

    google is your freind, so is www.microsoft.com/learning and
    http://faq.mcngp.com but I will not count on everyone actually using
    these resources

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Those of us who know it all are still mad at those that know more.

    Neil, Mar 9, 2005

  3. starrynight

    T-Bone Guest

    "Neil" <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote
    > google is your freind, so is www.microsoft.com/learning and
    > http://faq.mcngp.com but I will not count on everyone actually using
    > these resources

    Forget searching the web for help. A lot of people who post using the MS web
    reader don't even bother to read the previous posts to theirs. Trying to get
    them to search the web is asking too much.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Mar 9, 2005
  4. starrynight

    Sean Guest

    Why do you even bother to answer? If everyone is an idiot by default for not
    doing a google search, then what is the point of this board? A Google search
    on anything realated to Microsoft is going to turn up more hits than anyone
    with a life can sort through.

    Sean, Mar 12, 2005
  5. starrynight

    Jason Guest

    Not really...ever hear of google whacking? Quite easily done when using
    acronyms and the like. Say you have a question about the number and format
    of questions on the MCDST exams. (A common occurrence) Do a search on
    70-271 (or conversely 70-272) along with the relevant search terms IN
    QUOTES! Amazing how limiting quotes can be on google...but then again, that
    takes more than five seconds effort which I guess is way too much to expect.

    The results listed less than 1000 returns. Not bad! And on the first page
    about halfway down is a link with very informative material at:
    http://www.certification-crazy.net/mcdst.htm

    Additionally, the Microsoft official links are linked and available within
    two clicks. This entire process (including reading all the materials) took
    me about 30 seconds, and I found it both informative for beginners AND
    accurate, as well as well documented with links back to source information.
    But that is just common sense and practicing good research and deductive
    reasoning, so that won't work for anyone in a helpdesk environment. I think
    the ones who view posts along the lines of mine as "arrogant" or
    "condescending" are missing the entire point. This continued lack of
    comprehension, and the desire to have EVERYTHING spoonfed is exactly why I
    almost never post anymore.

    Jason, Mar 15, 2005