    executes a simple command. What is it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Sam
    Sam Steinhauser, Feb 16, 2008

  2. Grab psshutdown from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/miscellaneous/psshutdown.mspx

    Then use "psshutdown -d" to go into standby. use -h for hibernate.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    "Sam Steinhauser" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 16, 2008

  3. Thank you very much. I will try this. I had a simple command before but if
    this works then I'm happy. Sometimes I have to leave my system for several
    hours and I like to force it into standby without mousing around. This way I
    can just hit a key and wala done!

    Thanks again,

    Sam

    Sam Steinhauser, Feb 17, 2008
  4. Couldn't find anything that was a single command for sleep. Hibernate? No
    problem, the built in shutdown command does that. (shutdown /h).

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    "Sam Steinhauser" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 17, 2008
  5. Alt+F4 displays the Shutdown dialog box in which the default option is
    Sleep.

    >>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Dominic Payer, Feb 17, 2008
  6. 1.) ONLY if Windows Explorer currently has the focus. If a program window
    has the focus, it will try to close that window.
    2.) The OP wanted a command that could be attached to a button on his
    multibuttoned keyboard.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 17, 2008
  7. I got 'Access Denied" when I tried to run psshutdown -d. I can run it as
    admin but putting a command into my MS 6000 keyboard is beyind me now.
    There is some simple executable that runs when the little orange button that
    looks like an off button in the Start Menu is clicked. Why oh why didn't I
    save it.
    --
    Sam

    Sam Steinhauser, Feb 18, 2008