  1. mart

    mart Guest

    ..

    mart, Dec 23, 2009

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 23, 2009

    * / \_ /- | | |
    * ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

    mart wrote:

    > .

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
    day on the job for potty mouth,

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Dec 23, 2009
  4. mart

    §nühw¤£f Guest

    Tony wrote:
    > /| /| | | |
    > ||__|| | | **** FAKE
    > / O O\ | Healthcare
    > / \ | Reform
    > / \ \|____________________|
    > / _ \ \ ||
    > / |\____\ \ ||
    > / | | | |\____/ ||
    > / \|_|_|/ | _||
    > / / \ |____| ||
    > / | | | --|
    > | | | |____ --|
    > * _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
    > *-- _--\ _ \ | ||
    > / _ \\ | / `
    > * / \_ /- | | |
    > * ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

    IAWTP!

    ^_^

    --

    http://www.aspartamekills.com/mpvalley/index.htm

    §nühw¤£f, Dec 23, 2009
  5. mart

    §nühw¤£f Guest

    Buffalo wrote:
    > §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >> Tony wrote:
    >>> /| /| | | |
    >>> / O O\ | Healthcare
    >>> / \ | Reform
    >>> / \ \|____________________|
    >>> / _ \ \ ||
    >>> / |\____\ \ ||
    >>> / | | | |\____/ ||
    >>> / \|_|_|/ | _||
    >>> / / \ |____| ||
    >>> / | | | --|
    >>> | | | |____ --|
    >>> * _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
    >>> *-- _--\ _ \ | ||
    >>> / _ \\ | / `
    >>> * / \_ /- | | |
    >>> * ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

    > Did you ever take the time out to read it, or just take the easy way out and
    > listen to the political mouthpieces of your own Party?
    > I thought not.
    >
    > Buffalo

    LULZ he dont know me very well :)
    This is my hobby, d00d: politics. If *you* want to know why this bill
    SUCKS ASS for americans, read the first URL in my sig.

    Ah, wot the 'ell, I'll cut&paste if for your lazy uninformed ass:

    "NNU cited ten significant problems in the legislation, noting many of
    the same flaws also exist in the House version and are likely to remain
    in the bill that emerges from the House-Senate reconciliation process:

    1. The individual mandate forcing all those without coverage to buy
    private insurance, with insufficient cost controls on skyrocketing
    premiums and other insurance costs.
    2. No challenge to insurance company monopolies, especially in the
    top 94 metropolitan areas where one or two companies dominate, severely
    limiting choice and competition.
    3. An affordability mirage. Congressional Budget Office estimates
    say a family of four with a household income of $54,000 would be
    expected to pay 17 percent of their income, $9,000, on healthcare
    exposing too many families to grave financial risk.
    4. The excise tax on comprehensive insurance plans which will
    encourage employers to reduce benefits, shift more costs to employees,
    promote proliferation of high-deductible plans, and lead to more
    self-rationing of care and medical bankruptcies, especially as more
    plans are subject to the tax every year due to the lack of adequate
    price controls. A Towers-Perrin survey in September found 30 percent of
    employers said they would reduce employment if their health costs go up,
    86 percent said they'd pass the higher costs to their employees.
    5. Major loopholes in the insurance reforms that promise bans on
    exclusion for pre-existing conditions, and no cancellations for sickness.

    The loopholes include:
    * Provisions permitting insurers and companies to more
    than double charges to employees who fail "wellness" programs because
    they have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol readings, or
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    other medical conditions.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    * Insurers are permitted to sell policies "across state
    lines", exempting patient protections passed in other states. Insurers
    will thus set up in the least regulated states in a race to the bottom
    threatening public protections won by consumers in various states.
    * Insurers can charge four times more based on age plus
    more for certain conditions, and continue to use marketing techniques to
    cherry-pick healthier, less costly enrollees.
    * Insurers may continue to rescind policies for "fraud or
    intentional misrepresentation" - the main pretext insurance companies
    now use to cancel coverage.

    6. Minimal oversight on insurance denials of care; a report by the
    California Nurses Association/NNOC in September found that six of
    California's largest insurers have rejected more than one-fifth of all
    claims since 2002.
    7. Inadequate limits on drug prices, especially after Senate
    rejection of an amendment, to protect a White House deal with
    pharmaceutical giants, allowing pharmacies and wholesalers to import
    lower-cost drugs.
    8. New burdens for our public safety net. With a shortage of primary
    care physicians and a continuing fiscal crisis at the state and local
    level, public hospitals and clinics will be a dumping ground for those
    the private system doesn't want.
    9. Reduced reproductive rights for women.
    10. No single standard of care. Our multi-tiered system remains with
    access to care still determined by ability to pay. Nothing changes in
    basic structure of the system; healthcare remains a privilege, not a right."

    WORD

    --
    http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/22-10

    §nühw¤£f, Dec 23, 2009
  6. mart

    Buffalo Guest

    §nühw¤£f wrote:
> [...]

    > California's largest insurers have rejected more than one-fifth of all
    > claims since 2002.
    > 7. Inadequate limits on drug prices, especially after Senate
    > rejection of an amendment, to protect a White House deal with
    > pharmaceutical giants, allowing pharmacies and wholesalers to import
    > lower-cost drugs.
    > 8. New burdens for our public safety net. With a shortage of
    > primary care physicians and a continuing fiscal crisis at the state
    > and local level, public hospitals and clinics will be a dumping
    > ground for those
    > the private system doesn't want.
    > 9. Reduced reproductive rights for women.
    > 10. No single standard of care. Our multi-tiered system remains
    > with access to care still determined by ability to pay. Nothing
    > changes in
    > basic structure of the system; healthcare remains a privilege, not a

    I guess I'll have to check out the link in your sig to see if what is in
    there is 'subjective' or 'objective'.
    Thanks for pointing that out.
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Dec 23, 2009