    RichA Guest

    Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
    impressive.

    RichA, Jan 25, 2012

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
    >impressive.

    I know someone who claims he has seen one, but he works for Olympus
    Europe so that's perhaps not surprising. Other than that, he won't
    tell me anything. Impressive self-discipline.

    Bruce, Jan 25, 2012

  3. RichA

    Mike Guest

    On 25/01/2012 5:14 PM, RichA wrote:
    > Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
    > impressive.

    Perhaps the OM-D is just a rumour.

    --
    Mike

    Mike, Jan 26, 2012
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Re: Wow! Olympus is good!

    On Jan 25, 6:18 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    > >Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
    > >impressive.

    > I know someone who claims he has seen one, but he works for Olympus
    > Europe so that's perhaps not surprising.  Other than that, he won't
    > tell me anything.  Impressive self-discipline.

    How much did you offer him? :)

    RichA, Jan 26, 2012
  5. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Re: Wow! Olympus is good!

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Jan 25, 6:18 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    >> RichA <> wrote:
    >> >Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
    >> >impressive.

    >> I know someone who claims he has seen one, but he works for Olympus
    >> Europe so that's perhaps not surprising.  Other than that, he won't
    >> tell me anything.  Impressive self-discipline.

    >How much did you offer him? :)

    A meal for four (both of us, with our partners) at The Ivy, in London.

    Obviously wasn't enough.

    Bruce, Jan 26, 2012
  6. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: Wow! Olympus is good!

    On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:16:18 +0000, Bruce <> wrote:
    : RichA <> wrote:
    : >On Jan 25, 6:18 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    : >> RichA <> wrote:
    : >> >Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
    : >> >impressive.
    : >>
    : >> I know someone who claims he has seen one, but he works for Olympus
    : >> Europe so that's perhaps not surprising.  Other than that, he won't
    : >> tell me anything.  Impressive self-discipline.
    : >
    : >How much did you offer him? :)
    :
    :
    : A meal for four (both of us, with our partners) at The Ivy, in London.
    :
    : Obviously wasn't enough.

    Just your luck, you'd have been overheard by one of the waiters; your friend
    would have lost his job; the store you work for would have lost its allocation
    of the new camera; and the whole shambles would have been reported in the
    trade press (and a link to it posted here by Rich).

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jan 28, 2012
  7. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Re: Wow! Olympus is good!

    Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:16:18 +0000, Bruce <> wrote:
    >: RichA <> wrote:
    >: >On Jan 25, 6:18 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    >: >> RichA <> wrote:
    >: >> >Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
    >: >> >impressive.
    >: >>
    >: >> I know someone who claims he has seen one, but he works for Olympus
    >: >> Europe so that's perhaps not surprising.  Other than that, he won't
    >: >> tell me anything.  Impressive self-discipline.
    >: >
    >: >How much did you offer him? :)
    >:
    >:
    >: A meal for four (both of us, with our partners) at The Ivy, in London.
    >:
    >: Obviously wasn't enough.
    >
    >Just your luck, you'd have been overheard by one of the waiters; your friend
    >would have lost his job; the store you work for would have lost its allocation
    >of the new camera; and the whole shambles would have been reported in the
    >trade press (and a link to it posted here by Rich).

    It worked out well in the end; we treated two of our friends instead,
    and no-one talked about photography. ;-)

    Bruce, Jan 28, 2012