    any more?

    Btw, my original intent was simply to see if I could save the
    selection into a new "Bookmark of All Tabs". ...and no, I can't.

    mapmaker, Mar 12, 2005

  2. mapmaker

    Perk Guest

    mapmaker wrote:
    > I haven't seen anything here about a feature I just found in the
    > Firefox Bookmark Manager. (Ver 1.0.1)
    >
    > I did a search in the Bookmark Manager, and then selected a bunch of
    > the results (9 to be precise). I right clicked on the selection and
    > clicked "Open in New Tab"...and they all opened into new tabs!
    >
    > I apologise profusely if this is already widely known because I have
    > great respect for this knowledgable group, but I was so excited about
    > my discovery I had to share in case it was new.
    >
    > I'm now wondering if I should spend ANY time arranging my bookmarks
    > any more?
    >
    > Btw, my original intent was simply to see if I could save the
    > selection into a new "Bookmark of All Tabs". ...and no, I can't.

    To perhaps take it a bit further, after I saw your post I began to try
    it out.
    I found that just holding Ctrl and clicking on a bookmark opens it in a
    new bookmark.

    Like, from Dr Doolittle, "I've never seen anything like it in my life".

    Perk :)>)

    Perk, Mar 12, 2005

  3. I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show
    (mapmaker) wrote back on 11 Mar 2005 21:05:37 -0800 in alt.fan.mozilla :
    >I haven't seen anything here about a feature I just found in the
    >Firefox Bookmark Manager. (Ver 1.0.1)
    >
    >I did a search in the Bookmark Manager, and then selected a bunch of
    >the results (9 to be precise). I right clicked on the selection and
    >clicked "Open in New Tab"...and they all opened into new tabs!
    >
    >I apologise profusely if this is already widely known because I have
    >great respect for this knowledgable group, but I was so excited about
    >my discovery I had to share in case it was new.
    >
    >I'm now wondering if I should spend ANY time arranging my bookmarks
    >any more?

    That's a personal decision. I find that with like a thousand
    bookmarks, some which are to specific articles/pages, some are to the web
    site, I need some organization. "Stuff to check in the morning, stuff to
    check at night, where did the money go, who's on first, why buy a newspaper
    - here are the comicstrips" and so forth.

    --
    pyotr filipivich
    TV NEWS: Yesterday's newspaper read to the illiterate.

    pyotr filipivich, Mar 13, 2005
  4. mapmaker

    test1 Guest

    mapmaker wrote:
    > I haven't seen anything here about a feature I just found in the
    > Firefox Bookmark Manager. (Ver 1.0.1)
    >
    > I did a search in the Bookmark Manager, and then selected a bunch of
    > the results (9 to be precise). I right clicked on the selection and
    > clicked "Open in New Tab"...and they all opened into new tabs!
    >
    > I apologise profusely if this is already widely known because I have
    > great respect for this knowledgable group, but I was so excited about
    > my discovery I had to share in case it was new.
    >
    > I'm now wondering if I should spend ANY time arranging my bookmarks
    > any more?
    >
    > Btw, my original intent was simply to see if I could save the
    > selection into a new "Bookmark of All Tabs". ...and no, I can't.

    here's another cool feature I haven't seen mentioned

    if you have a mouse with a wheel
    in Bookmark Manager
    click the wheel on a folder in the right-hand pane

    each bookmark in that folder will open in its own tab

    at least it does in XP...
    can't say whether that works in other O/S

    test1, Mar 13, 2005
  5. mapmaker

    Jeff Evans Guest

    test1 wrote:
    > mapmaker wrote:
    >
    >> I haven't seen anything here about a feature I just found in the
    >> Firefox Bookmark Manager. (Ver 1.0.1)
    >>
    >> I did a search in the Bookmark Manager, and then selected a bunch of
    >> the results (9 to be precise). I right clicked on the selection and
    >> clicked "Open in New Tab"...and they all opened into new tabs!
    >>
    >> I apologise profusely if this is already widely known because I have
    >> great respect for this knowledgable group, but I was so excited about
    >> my discovery I had to share in case it was new.
    >>
    >> I'm now wondering if I should spend ANY time arranging my bookmarks
    >> any more?
    >>
    >> Btw, my original intent was simply to see if I could save the
    >> selection into a new "Bookmark of All Tabs". ...and no, I can't.

    > here's another cool feature I haven't seen mentioned
    >
    > if you have a mouse with a wheel
    > in Bookmark Manager
    > click the wheel on a folder in the right-hand pane
    >
    > each bookmark in that folder will open in its own tab
    >
    > at least it does in XP...
    > can't say whether that works in other O/S

    That is consistent with middle clicking to open links in new tabs as
    well. Is that really a new feature in 1.0.1?

    Jeff Evans, Mar 14, 2005
  6. Jeff Evans wrote:
    > test1 wrote:
    >
    >> mapmaker wrote:
    >>
    >>> I haven't seen anything here about a feature I just found in the
    >>> Firefox Bookmark Manager. (Ver 1.0.1)
    >>>
    >>> I did a search in the Bookmark Manager, and then selected a bunch of
    >>> the results (9 to be precise). I right clicked on the selection and
    >>> clicked "Open in New Tab"...and they all opened into new tabs!
    >>>
    >>> I apologise profusely if this is already widely known because I have
    >>> great respect for this knowledgable group, but I was so excited about
    >>> my discovery I had to share in case it was new.
    >>>
    >>> I'm now wondering if I should spend ANY time arranging my bookmarks
    >>> any more?
    >>>
    >>> Btw, my original intent was simply to see if I could save the
    >>> selection into a new "Bookmark of All Tabs". ...and no, I can't.

    >> here's another cool feature I haven't seen mentioned
    >>
    >> if you have a mouse with a wheel
    >> in Bookmark Manager
    >> click the wheel on a folder in the right-hand pane
    >>
    >> each bookmark in that folder will open in its own tab
    >>
    >> at least it does in XP...
    >> can't say whether that works in other O/S

    > That is consistent with middle clicking to open links in new tabs as
    > well. Is that really a new feature in 1.0.1?

    No, middle clicking has always opened new tabs, since the browser was
    called Phoenix.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 14, 2005
  7. mapmaker

    test1 Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Jeff Evans wrote:
    >
    >> test1 wrote:

    >>> here's another cool feature I haven't seen mentioned
    >>>
    >>> if you have a mouse with a wheel
    >>> in Bookmark Manager
    >>> click the wheel on a folder in the right-hand pane
    >>>
    >>> each bookmark in that folder will open in its own tab
    >>>
    >>> at least it does in XP...
    >>> can't say whether that works in other O/S

    >> That is consistent with middle clicking to open links in new tabs as
    >> well. Is that really a new feature in 1.0.1?

    > No, middle clicking has always opened new tabs, since the browser was
    > called Phoenix.
    >
    > Lee

    er...
    well the point being that it's so obvious to long-time users
    that it doesn't get mentioned

    so can be missed by those switching from certain other browers...
    and I still think it's cool, even if no-one else does ;)

    test1, Mar 15, 2005
  8. test1 wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Jeff Evans wrote:

    >>> That is consistent with middle clicking to open links in new tabs as
    >>> well. Is that really a new feature in 1.0.1?

    >> No, middle clicking has always opened new tabs, since the browser was
    >> called Phoenix.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > er...
    > well the point being that it's so obvious to long-time users
    > that it doesn't get mentioned
    >
    > so can be missed by those switching from certain other browers...
    > and I still think it's cool, even if no-one else does ;)

    It is cool, I was just answering the question.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 15, 2005