Wow! Just goes to show what a screwed-up test can cause!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Apr 6, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    The first reaction is "Oh, not again!" Olympus having I.S. problems?
    Then, you read down to post in the second link and want to KILL the
    guy. He should have done the subject line in capitals to let people
    know he screwed-up and he should have done a new thread about it to
    make sure everyone saw it since not everyone will read the entire
    first thread. Meanwhile, you get the usual group of morons raving
    about how they never use I.S. Well, since I owned an Olympus E-510
    years ago, I realized that the I.S. was saving at least 20% of hand-
    held shots where shutter speeds were on the edge. And I've handheld
    shots on 4/3rds cameras with 300mm teles at 1/50th sec and they've
    been sharp, without I.S. so it gives you an idea of how helpful I.S.
    really is.

    Correction post:
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=41137612
    RichA, Apr 6, 2012