Wow, it sure pays to be in a poorer country than the U.S. ...

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by blastingfonda, Mar 8, 2005.

  1. ....in the field of IT.

    Lookat all the goodies they get (via the MCP web site):

    --------------------------------------
    * Save Up To 30 Percent on Certification Exams (Indian Subcontinent
    Only)

    Discounts of up to 30 percent are available from January through May
    2005 on Microsoft Certification Examinations. I.S.C. All MCPs

    * Receive a Free Xbox with MCAD Certification (Spain only)

    Get the MCAD certification in Spain before April 30, 2005, and receive
    one free Xbox with two games, along with a free three-month
    subscription to DotNetMania. Spain All MCPs

    * Special Offer for MCSE/MCSA Certified Professionals in India to
    Acquire Security Specializations

    Evolve into a specialized IT professional who can meet the secure
    computing requirements of an ever-growing number of businesses. To help
    you prepare for the certification, Microsoft Learning will be with you
    every step of the way. Our network of Learning Solutions partners is
    offering security courses at special prices and there are also offers
    on purchasing Self Training kits.

    What's more, if you are among the first 3,000 professionals to earn the
    security certification, you will receive a limited edition Microsoft
    watch. India MCSEs and MCSAs

    ---------------------------------------

    Wow, an Xbox, a nifty M$oft watch, discounts... no wonder so many
    Bangladeshers are dying for "please some help answer to Microsoft exam,
    all study guide very much thank you, sir" around these here parts.

    Now if Microsoft just handed them vouchers for English lessons, we'd
    get tech support reps on Microsoft and Dell tech support hotlines we
    could actually understand and communicate with and we'd all be happy!

    </xenophobe mode off>
    blastingfonda, Mar 8, 2005

  2. I could go for the watch!

    MS has graciously given us free "do overs" till the end of May. Even though
    I have never failed a MS test ( 8 total, passed 270 yesterday), it is a nice
    safety blanket just in case.....

    JenH

    Improve the species.... Breed with a Geek.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVuSA==?=, Mar 8, 2005

  3. blastingfonda

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?SmVuSA==?=" <> say in

    > ( 8 total, passed 270 yesterday),

    Congrats! personally I would go for the x-box. I have a watch ;)

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - "I like camping," Tom said intently.
    Neil, Mar 8, 2005
  4. blastingfonda

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "blastingfonda" <> say in

    > Now if Microsoft just handed them vouchers for English lessons, we'd
    > get tech support reps on Microsoft and Dell tech support hotlines we
    > could actually understand and communicate with and we'd all be happy!

    doubt it would help. I know tech genius who can't speak english well and
    people who speak English who are technologically retarded. Which ones do
    you think work the phones on the front lines? <grin>

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - If this were an actual tagline, it would be funny.
    Neil, Mar 8, 2005
  5. > ( 8 total, passed 270 yesterday),

    > Congrats! personally I would go for the x-box. I have a watch ;)
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP#30
    >
    > - "I like camping," Tom said intently.

    Hi, I'm Jen and I'm a video game addict. Can't do the games, because I have
    kids and if I play they dont' get fed ;-)

    It's bad enough that we have a couple of gameboys (with wireless adapters)
    and a game cube.
    =?Utf-8?B?SmVuSA==?=, Mar 8, 2005
  6. blastingfonda

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?SmVuSA==?=" <> say
    in news::

    > Hi, I'm Jen and I'm a video game addict.

    us: "Hi Jen. it's gonna be oooooooo-kay."
    me: "the first step is admitting you have a problem. then ignoring that
    you have a problem..."

    > Can't do the games, because
    > I have kids and if I play they dont' get fed ;-)

    my teenager insists that I DO play. Mom is lousy at the games but I "KICK
    A$$"so she would rather try to nail my hide to the wall in UT2k3 than get
    fed... though lately her attentions have turned to this PFY that has been
    dropping by. whelp. humph, least he shoveled my walk...
    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - On the other hand, you also have five fingers.
    Neil, Mar 8, 2005
  7. blastingfonda

    meanoldman Guest

    I play UT2004 all the time and now that I have a PDA I'm breaking out the
    old nes and snes roms.

    ___________________
    meanoldman MCNGP #1

    meanoldman, Mar 8, 2005
  8. blastingfonda

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "meanoldman" <> say in

    > I play UT2004 all the time and now that I have a PDA I'm breaking out
    > the old nes and snes roms.

    I haven't broken down and purchased the 2k4 but since sprog 1 is more
    interested in the whelp I think I might pass this round and wait for
    UT2k6 or whatever.

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"?
    Neil, Mar 8, 2005
  9. Heh, true - I know many, many Americans who seem to speak English as a
    second language. And don't get me started on these kids who speak in "r
    u a MCSE? OMFG!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!1! kew!" speak.

    > doubt it would help. I know tech genius who can't speak english well

    and

    Judging from your garbled sentence construction here, you must be a
    tech genius!
    blastingfonda, Mar 8, 2005
  10. blastingfonda

    > Judging from your garbled sentence construction here, you must be a
    > tech genius!

    wyh yse I ma, thanks yo berry mush!

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - I hate these stupid things!
    Neil, Mar 8, 2005
  11. blastingfonda

    meanoldman Guest

    2004 is MUCH better than 2003. The Onslaught game type and the vehicles
    just make it a fantastic game. Download the demo and you'll never play 2003
    again.

    meanoldman, Mar 9, 2005
  12. blastingfonda

    > 2004 is MUCH better than 2003. The Onslaught game type and the
    > vehicles just make it a fantastic game. Download the demo and you'll
    > never play 2003 again.

    no time. to busy working....

    BWHAHAHAHAHAHA, I'm so funny!

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - !edis gnorw eht morf siht ta gnikool era uoY
    Neil, Mar 9, 2005