Wow beam me up Telecom

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by wogers nemesis, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. Only have to wait until 20 April to upgrade to that super 3.5 MB with a
    massive 128 K upload, with Ihug.

    wogers nemesis, Apr 5, 2006

  2. wogers nemesis

    El Penguino Guest

    On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:45:08 +1200, wogers nemesis <>
    wrote:

    >Only have to wait until 20 April to upgrade to that super 3.5 MB with a
    >massive 128 K upload, with Ihug.

    A is for asymmetric..

    El Penguino, Apr 5, 2006

  3. wogers nemesis

    JohnO Guest

    El Penguino wrote:
    > On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:45:08 +1200, wogers nemesis <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Only have to wait until 20 April to upgrade to that super 3.5 MB with a
    > >massive 128 K upload, with Ihug.

    > A is for asymmetric..

    At about 30:1 I think 'asymmetric' is a bit of an understatement.

    Surely someone can take telecom to the commerce commision for calling
    this shit 'broadband'

    JohnO, Apr 5, 2006
  4. On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 01:09:31 -0700, someone purporting to be JohnO didst
    scrawl:

    > El Penguino wrote:

    >> >Only have to wait until 20 April to upgrade to that super 3.5 MB with
    >> >a massive 128 K upload, with Ihug.

    >> A is for asymmetric..

    > At about 30:1 I think 'asymmetric' is a bit of an understatement.
    >
    > Surely someone can take telecom to the commerce commision for calling
    > this shit 'broadband'

    If you can find enough definitions that require something faster for the
    upstream, you might have a chance. Good luck, though, because it's a real
    charlie foxtrot trying to locate them. I think I found five, and only one
    or two specified an upstream speed at all. Those ones, though, did require
    a faster speed - 256, IIRC.

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."