    Would you rather not use the computer for 6 months or format your
    harddrive without backing up anything, or using any current backups so
    you lose EVERYTHING?
    Ze Muffinman, Sep 17, 2006

  2. Ze Muffinman

    Paul Adare Guest

    In article <1158525571.318693.185460
    @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, in the
    microsoft.public.security news group, Ze Muffinman
    <> says...

    > I know this group is for viruses and spyware, but it's nice to unwind
    > every now and then. So, a classic game which everyone knows the rules
    > to: Would You Rather, with malware questions! w000!

    This is a waste of time and bandwidth. Why don't you get
    some real friends to play with and keep the posts here on-
    topic and relevant?

    --
    Paul Adare - MVP Virtual Machines
    It all began with Adam. He was the first man to tell a
    Paul Adare, Sep 17, 2006

  3. Ze Muffinman

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Ze Muffinman' wrote:
    | I know this group is for viruses and spyware, but it's nice to unwind
    | every now and then. So, a classic game which everyone knows the rules
    | to: Would You Rather, with malware questions! w000!
    |
    | I start:
    | Would you rather not use the computer for 6 months or format your
    | harddrive without backing up anything, or using any current backups so
    | you lose EVERYTHING?
    _____

    Nice game, but your first questions is pretty draconian.

    How about

    Use Windows 3.11 or Vista RC1 as your operating system?

    Eliminate crossposting to lower the signal to noise ratio, or accept the
    noise and eliminate multiposting?

    Install Norton Antivirus 2006 or Uninstall Norton Antivirus 2006?

    Extend the support life of Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP or see Vista
    arrive on time?

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Sep 17, 2006
  4. Ze Muffinman

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Paul Adare', a previous participant in ONE of the crossposted newsgroups,
    and that for only 6 months, offers himself as arbiter of community taste
    with -
    | This is a waste of time and bandwidth. Why don't you get
    | some real friends to play with and keep the posts here on-
    | topic and relevant?

    _____

    Phil Weldon

    "Paul Adare" <> wrote in message
    | In article <1158525571.318693.185460
    | @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, in the
    | microsoft.public.security news group, Ze Muffinman
    | <> says...
    |
    | > I know this group is for viruses and spyware, but it's nice to unwind
    | > every now and then. So, a classic game which everyone knows the rules
    | > to: Would You Rather, with malware questions! w000!
    | >

    | This is a waste of time and bandwidth. Why don't you get
    | some real friends to play with and keep the posts here on-
    | topic and relevant?
    |
    | --
    | Paul Adare - MVP Virtual Machines
    (sig snipped for excessive length)
    Phil Weldon, Sep 17, 2006
  5. Ze Muffinman

    Anonyma Guest

    Ze Muffinman wrote:

    > I know this group is for viruses and spyware, but it's nice to unwind

    You posted to multiple groups, only two of which deal with those thing
    specifically.

    > every now and then. So, a classic game which everyone knows the rules
    > to: Would You Rather, with malware questions! w000!
    >
    > I start:
    > Would you rather not use the computer for 6 months or format your
    > harddrive without backing up anything, or using any current backups so
    > you lose EVERYTHING?

    Your question makes no sense at all grammatically or logically. The
    choices are first two completely unrelated things...

    1. Not use your computer for 6 months.

    2. Format without backing up anything.

    Then you finish off with a contradiction...

    3. Use current backups so you loose everything.

    If you have current backups you don't "loose everything". That's what
    backups are for, and that's what they'll prevent assuming they're not
    corrupt themselves. Which is why many people use rotating media on a
    set schedule. This almost guarantees they'll be able to restore to a
    point somewhere in the not too distant past. The schedule of course
    varies with the importance and longevity of your data.

    Maybe if you re-worded the question the game would be more easy to
    play? :)
    Anonyma, Sep 17, 2006
  6. Ze Muffinman

    Eximpleh Guest

    On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:46:47 -0400, Paul Adare <> wrote:

    >In article <1158525571.318693.185460
    >@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, in the
    >microsoft.public.security news group, Ze Muffinman
    ><> says...
    >
    >> I know this group is for viruses and spyware, but it's nice to unwind
    >> every now and then. So, a classic game which everyone knows the rules
    >> to: Would You Rather, with malware questions! w000!
    >>

    >This is a waste of time and bandwidth. Why don't you get
    >some real friends to play with and keep the posts here on-
    >topic and relevant?

    So was your post. I hope the operation to remove the stick from your ass is
    successful, if a little painful.

    To the OP:

    >I start:
    >Would you rather not use the computer for 6 months or format your
    >harddrive without backing up anything, or using any current backups so
    >you lose EVERYTHING?

    I would rather not use my computer for 6 months, so in your scenario, I
    would keep my existing data which is of considerable size and value to
    myself. Who knows, I might even get a life myself ? :)

    Regards,

    E.
    Eximpleh, Sep 17, 2006
  7. Ze Muffinman

    optikl Guest

    Ze Muffinman wrote:
    > I know this group is for viruses and spyware, but it's nice to unwind
    > every now and then. So, a classic game which everyone knows the rules
    > to: Would You Rather, with malware questions! w000!
    >
    > I start:
    > Would you rather not use the computer for 6 months or format your
    > harddrive without backing up anything, or using any current backups so
    > you lose EVERYTHING?

    You need to work on framing your thoughts. This isn't very clear.
    optikl, Sep 22, 2006
  8. Ze Muffinman

    optikl Guest

    Anonyma wrote:

    > Your question makes no sense at all grammatically or logically. The
    > choices are first two completely unrelated things...
    >

    > Maybe if you re-worded the question the game would be more easy to
    > play? :)

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.
    optikl, Sep 22, 2006
  9. Ze Muffinman

    Far Canal Guest

    optikl wrote

    > Ze Muffinman wrote:
    > > I know this group is for viruses and spyware, but it's nice to unwind
    > > every now and then. So, a classic game which everyone knows the rules
    > > to: Would You Rather, with malware questions! w000!
    > >
    > > I start:
    > > Would you rather not use the computer for 6 months or format your
    > > harddrive without backing up anything, or using any current backups so
    > > you lose EVERYTHING?
    > >

    > You need to work on framing your thoughts. This isn't very clear.

    What do you expect from a top posting fuckwit?
    Far Canal, Sep 22, 2006