Would you believe it!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Sue Bilstein, Jul 20, 2005.

  1. Sue Bilstein

    Sue Bilstein Guest

    Sue Bilstein, Jul 20, 2005

  2. Sue Bilstein

    Harry Guest

    Harry, Jul 20, 2005

  3. Sue Bilstein

    Mr Scebe Guest

    "Harry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Sue Bilstein wrote:
    >
    >> ... a contract job in Christchurch:
    >>

    > http://www.jobuniverse.co.nz/jobvie...=19&JobRefNum=93036&keywords=business analyst
    >>
    >> These guys, absoluteIT, posted something like 15+ contract BA jobs
    >> today. Does anybody know if they're on the level?

    In answer to your question Sue, i didn't think that they were one of the
    preferred suppliers - but i know that desperate times call for desperate
    measures. Personally, i would go direct to the source (they advertised the
    other day), as you should be able to get a better rate.

    > Why don't you phone them and ask?

    Wrong answer. The first thing they do is say "send us your CV" and you're
    back at square one.

    --
    Mr Scebe
    ~Sean Connery in "The Rock"
    Mr Scebe, Jul 20, 2005
  4. Sue Bilstein

    thingy Guest

    Mr Scebe wrote:
    > "Harry" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Sue Bilstein wrote:
    >>

    >>>... a contract job in Christchurch:
    >>>

    >>http://www.jobuniverse.co.nz/jobvie...=19&JobRefNum=93036&keywords=business analyst
    >>
    >>>These guys, absoluteIT, posted something like 15+ contract BA jobs
    >>>today. Does anybody know if they're on the level?

    > In answer to your question Sue, i didn't think that they were one of the
    > preferred suppliers - but i know that desperate times call for desperate
    > measures. Personally, i would go direct to the source (they advertised the
    > other day), as you should be able to get a better rate.
    >

    >>Why don't you phone them and ask?

    > Wrong answer. The first thing they do is say "send us your CV" and you're
    > back at square one.

    Isnt there a law about false advertising? I think they can send on in
    saying we'd like your cv, but if there are jobs claimed they must be there.

    When ever i ring agencies they usually tell me about the job briefly
    then ask for a CV.

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jul 20, 2005