    of (hijacker), i am new to comps....APPRECIATE any help dished out, THANK
    YOU ALL, Fred ..Morph
    PS...the win98 is an upgrade, aproblem ??

    Morph, Oct 25, 2004

  2. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
    25 Oct 2004 18:58:04 +0100, "Morph" <fred@Morphnet> screamed from
    behind the mulberry bush:

    >When i 1st got my first computer (this, in March ), it had win98 on it,
    >anyway, the modem i got with Tiscali, never worked with it, and i found a
    >winME upgrade disc in a box, in cash converters...So, new to comps, i came
    >back, and used the 5 codes, and installed it...I never made a copy of 98,
    >and now, because of various things i want 98 again, but it will not let me
    >use the disc i got with a version of 98 on it, as it is ,...quote
    >..''downgrading'' I don't know how to do a clean install, i will read u, but
    >wud a clean reinstallation, get rid of ALL spy and trojens and hijack stuff
    >?? this would be incentive enough for me to put 98 on , rather than have the
    >winME, i can obtain all my programs again, over next months, most are
    >freeware stuff....Solong winded i know, but will i get rid of ALL trojans,
    >as i have a backdoor1 in registry, and a vx2 browser thing i cannot get rid
    >of (hijacker), i am new to comps....APPRECIATE any help dished out, THANK
    >YOU ALL, Fred ..Morph
    >PS...the win98 is an upgrade, aproblem ??

    Do you fucking read any of the other posts here? I just got this off
    of a post by Mike that he had posted not only an hour ago. Here is his
    response and it should resolve your problems without wiping and
    reinstalling the OS:

    Start here:

    Next, scan your system for viruses with at least
    two online scanners:

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    ================

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/
    http://www.lavasoft.de/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html
    Now maintained by InterMute

    And, of course, take trout's advice about not having an
    insane number of tasks running at one time.

    -->Credit all this to Mike, not me.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Morph

    Don Guest

    "Morph" <fred@Morphnet> wrote in message
    > When i 1st got my first computer (this, in March ), it had win98 on it,
    > anyway, the modem i got with Tiscali, never worked with it, and i found a
    > winME upgrade disc in a box, in cash converters...So, new to comps, i came
    > back, and used the 5 codes, and installed it...I never made a copy of 98,
    > and now, because of various things i want 98 again, but it will not let me
    > use the disc i got with a version of 98 on it, as it is ,...quote
    > ..''downgrading'' I don't know how to do a clean install, i will read u,
    > but
    > wud a clean reinstallation, get rid of ALL spy and trojens and hijack
    > stuff
    > ?? this would be incentive enough for me to put 98 on , rather than have
    > the
    > winME, i can obtain all my programs again, over next months, most are
    > freeware stuff....Solong winded i know, but will i get rid of ALL trojans,
    > as i have a backdoor1 in registry, and a vx2 browser thing i cannot get
    > rid
    > of (hijacker), i am new to comps....APPRECIATE any help dished out, THANK
    > YOU ALL, Fred ..Morph
    > PS...the win98 is an upgrade, aproblem ??

    Turn off the restore function and the boot from a windows 98 startup floppy

    In DOS, rename the program files folder to oldprog and the Windows folder to
    oldwin, move to the oldwin folder and rename win.com to win.old

    You can then install win98 from an installation disc knowing all other files
    are still on your hard drive.

    It sound like you failed to find the correct driver for the modem with
    windows 98 last time and the ME version of Windows had a suitable driver. so
    you may have the same problem again when you return to Win98 so try and get
    a win98 version of the driver for that modem from the internet before you
    start.

    If you don't like your new installation of Windows 98 and wish to return to
    where you were you will be able to from DOS delete the new windows folder
    and the new program files folder and then reverse the renaming you did
    before, so on a restart your installation will run in ME as it did before.

    Don, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Morph

    Don Guest

    "Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor" <> wrote in message
    >I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
    > 25 Oct 2004 18:58:04 +0100, "Morph" <fred@Morphnet> screamed from
    > behind the mulberry bush:

    <SNIP>
    > Do you f**king read any of the other posts here? I just got this off
    > of a post by Mike that he had posted not only an hour ago. Here is his
    > response and it should resolve your problems without wiping and
    > reinstalling the OS:

    Do you know how many posts there are currently on this NG? You rude ignorant
    prat

    Don, Oct 25, 2004
  5. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
    25 Oct 2004 21:23:13 +0100, "Don" <mailto:>
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >"Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor" <> wrote in message
    >>I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
    >> 25 Oct 2004 18:58:04 +0100, "Morph" <fred@Morphnet> screamed from
    >> behind the mulberry bush:

    ><SNIP>
    >> Do you f**king read any of the other posts here? I just got this off
    >> of a post by Mike that he had posted not only an hour ago. Here is his
    >> response and it should resolve your problems without wiping and
    >> reinstalling the OS:
    >>

    >Do you know how many posts there are currently on this NG? You rude ignorant
    >prat

    Enough that this same problem has been repeatedly resolved by a number
    of far superior posters than you, dickhead. Now, eat my shorts, nancy
    boy.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 25, 2004
  6. Morph

    Conor Guest

    In article <417d60af$0$10003$>,
    says...

    > > Do you f**king read any of the other posts here? I just got this off
    > > of a post by Mike that he had posted not only an hour ago. Here is his
    > > response and it should resolve your problems without wiping and
    > > reinstalling the OS:
    > >

    > Do you know how many posts there are currently on this NG? You rude ignorant
    > prat

    Thus proving his point. There are literally thousands of posts about
    spyware in this group. The question has been answered more than enough.

    --
    Conor

    Opinions personal, facts suspect.

    Conor, Oct 25, 2004
  7. Morph

    Don Guest

    "Conor" <> wrote in message
    > In article <417d60af$0$10003$>,
    > says...
    >
    >> > Do you f**king read any of the other posts here? I just got this off
    >> > of a post by Mike that he had posted not only an hour ago. Here is his
    >> > response and it should resolve your problems without wiping and
    >> > reinstalling the OS:
    >> >

    >> Do you know how many posts there are currently on this NG? You rude
    >> ignorant
    >> prat
    >>

    > Thus proving his point. There are literally thousands of posts about
    > spyware in this group. The question has been answered more than enough.

    And the foul language? Are you not going to defend that too?

    Don, Oct 25, 2004
  8. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
    25 Oct 2004 22:37:34 +0100, "Don" <mailto:>
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >"Conor" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <417d60af$0$10003$>,
    >> says...

    >>> Do you know how many posts there are currently on this NG? You rude
    >>> ignorant
    >>> prat
    >>>

    >> Thus proving his point. There are literally thousands of posts about
    >> spyware in this group. The question has been answered more than enough.
    >>

    >And the foul language? Are you not going to defend that too?

    This is Usenet. If you don't like it, **** off. 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    has no charter, no FAQ and no moderater. If I wanted to post about
    your mother's herpe's anal warts, there is no "Usenet Authority" to
    bitch to. If you want, bitch to my ISP but don't be surprised that
    they would beg off of the whole mess as long as I am not doing
    anything illegal (ie, kiddie porn, etc) in my legal jurisdiction or
    spamming. They tend not to get involved in "personal vendettas." That
    means if I want to call you a whiny, gapped toothed, fuckwitted
    British **** (which you are,) there isn't much you can do about it.
    Carpe diem, use your kill file.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 25, 2004
  9. Morph

    Conor Guest

    In article <417d7221$0$2264$>,
    says...

    > > Thus proving his point. There are literally thousands of posts about
    > > spyware in this group. The question has been answered more than enough.
    > >

    > And the foul language? Are you not going to defend that too?

    Its usenet. Get used to it. Its been like this for the last 14 years I
    know of. If you don't like it then why not write a letter to the editor
    of the Daily Mail and complain?

    Conor, Oct 25, 2004
  10. Morph

    Morph Guest

    Cheers fer the info Don, ...and now ya mention it man, someone DID say,
    months back,that all i should have done was find some drivers ?? Remember
    the bit re' me being not too brill with puters..Would like to know if any of
    the other 2 ignorant guys (altho ' the doc did help ), could cleanly install
    operating systems, using sys restore and backing up prog files after they
    1st got their comps..Just a hought, but i doubt any1 of us after a few month
    were whizz's, is doc KM ? or trying to be ?, and also I still aint seen
    found ''Mikes'' post or 1 that covered downgrading OS's, ah well, probably
    because my HDD space is so small i have to have permanent deleted
    posts..yeah, he has probably got more than half a gig of HD,
    Cheers again Don, Fred, ( Morph )

    Morph, Oct 26, 2004
  11. Morph

    gb Guest

    To be honest, Don, Morph, or Fred Cromer as he was known, just wants people
    to do all the foot work for him. He posts his questions (in barely readable
    format) and expects everyone to give him the answers he needs without trying
    to find the information himself. Nobody ever learnt anything that way.

    gb, Oct 28, 2004