    application which is running a version of windows CE. The modules interface
    to the vehicle display and bexel if via the invehicle CAN newtwork.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TVNfbmV3Ymll?=, Apr 27, 2006

  2. >I have experience with c programming but my development envronment has been
    > with a text edirto and GNU C compiler. Is there a good book to learn MSFT
    > Visual C++ and nhow to use the development environment.
    >
    > I need to build applications for an embedded module for an automotive
    > application which is running a version of windows CE. The modules
    > interface
    > to the vehicle display and bexel if via the invehicle CAN newtwork.

    Book: Petzold, programming windows, 5th edition I think. (Win32 but on this
    level it's the same)

    Compiler/Editor:
    Free: Visual C++ Express - you will need to customize the build process,
    I think. Maybe keep using GNU. Still: Editor is awesome.
    $300: Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition - This is what you really need.
    Download trial.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/default.aspx
    $1200-$10000: MSDN versions - You get whatever you need by DHL as soon as
    Microsoft has created it. If you are not paying yourself: this is you
    choice.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/products/default.aspx

    Check out some webcasts and tutorials on http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/

    Have fun!