    Give me your input.....please

    Thanks in advance...

    RMP
    RMP, May 24, 2005

  2. RMP

    JMM Guest

    I just got a job as a DST. there will always be DST jobs in america because
    smaller companies cant send those services overseas. Like my company, it's a
    title/mortgage company with 2100 employees. our IT dept consists of 18 guys,
    throughout cali, az, and vegas. there are only 5 at my building in phoenix.
    there will always be a need for on-site DST's.

    JMM, May 25, 2005

  3. RMP

    Spider Guest

    5/28/2005 8:06:49 AM
    RMP <> wrote in message
    <>

    > Is there really a need for this certification or are those jobs

    going
    > oversees ?
    > Are people getting jobs ??
    > Give me your input.....please
    >
    > Thanks in advance...
    >
    > RMP

    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :) IMHO, the jobs
    that are going over seas are mostly utilized by computer related
    companies who see providing support as a necessary evil to doing
    whatever computer related business they are in. In other words, they
    don't really want to provide support but realize they have to. There
    are many companies both large and small whose business has nothing to
    do with computers, but they rely on the PC for their very existence.
    These companies realize that support is critical. It has to be fast
    and efficeint so they can maintain production. These are the
    companies that you want to identify and target for employment if you
    are not going to freelance. There are plenty of them out there. A
    certification on your resume certainly will not hurt your chances and
    will probably get you an interview. An interview is all you need to
    get your foot in the door, then it is up to you.

    Spider

    http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/
    http://spider1.blogspot.com/
    Spider, May 28, 2005
  4. RMP

    M Guest

    IMHO many of the computer jobs going overseas will eventually return. Users
    will prefer to deal with companies based locally where there isn't the
    cultural and language differences that can cause misunderstanding.

    M, May 28, 2005